Gibson Brands Forums

reverb pedals

Jinder

Hi all,

The reverb unit in my PA rig is on the blink, and, although vocal reverb is covered by my Boss VE20, I need a good reverb pedal for my acoustic guitars.

I hear much good stuff about the Digitech Hardwire RV7, but I find myself drawn to the Boss FRV-1 (Fender '63 Reverb Tank emulator pedal) for character and potential for unusual tones. I should add that I've not tried either.

What would you fine folks recommend? Any personal faves out there?

Hi guys, thanks for the input, much appreciated!

I will check out the Zoom, thanks for the tip...what kind of price point are we talking about?

I think the Boss Fender 'verb pedal is intended for use with electrics, probably best used in the effects loop of an amp.

Jinder,

I have heard a little of your stuff and it sounds really good. I would look at a TC XL one reverb unit. It is a rack but you can mix it into your channels on your mixer for guitar, vocals or anything else. This will be by far the best sounding reverb you will get. Obviously there are more expensive units but i believe a pedal will not do you Justice.

JM

Thanks all!

Jeremy, thanks for the kind words about my music, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen.

The TC Electronic unit you mentioned looks great-I have just watched some Youtube demos and it certainly does a beautiful job. It's some way out of my price range at the present time, but would certainly provide a good long-term solution.

Are pedals generally considered to be less effective than rackmount units? It's a field I know very little about-I know electric pedals inside out as I've been an electric player and pedal collector for twenty years or so, but have always used amp 'verb or desk FX, so have never used or owned an outboard reverb pedal or unit.

Thanks again to all for advice-EA, a friend of mine has a G3, I recognised it once I'd seen it-I'll have a play with his and see how it works for me.

Jinder,

Please tell me what you are using for your live sound rig? That way I can maybe give you some good ideas.

JM

Please PM as not everybody needs to read this. I tried to PM you but you cannot receive any messages.

JM

I like reading it. This is good stuff.

It might just be "the internet", but reading about what folks actually are doing and using is helpful to learn stuff.

Personally I would look at a rack / multi effects unit - foot switchable.

A short delay on an acoustic with no feed back always sounds good to me

A reverb where you have the ability to not have the reverb tails, i..e just the reflections is cool.

Modulation is right for some songs

Compression can be good as well.

I do like what I have heard of the TC Electronics pedals online, but do not gig myself so have no real need for them. But if you like things like delay / verb / comp all at the same time then having multiple pedals means a bit of tap dancing rather than swicthing to one patch.

The TC G Natural would seem the obvious choice if you want a multi effect pedal though - not that cheap £600ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYrri4v_Hn0

Hi all,

The reverb unit in my PA rig is on the blink, and, although vocal reverb is covered by my Boss VE20, I need a good reverb pedal for my acoustic guitars.

I hear much good stuff about the Digitech Hardwire RV7, but I find myself drawn to the Boss FRV-1 (Fender '63 Reverb Tank emulator pedal) for character and potential for unusual tones. I should add that I've not tried either.

What would you fine folks recommend? Any personal faves out there?

I own the Boss FRV-1 pedal. It does an excellent job in reproducing the vintage tank reverb sound. I have never used it in an acoustic setting though. But my Smart amp and telecaster love it.

And maybe that's the key Mojo ...

And I thought that 'the key' was D major. Ah well. Have you encountered the holy hand grenade and the killer rabbit yet? Remember, four shalt thou not count...

Thats an old Skool Holy Grail now Vincent

There's a Holy Grail Plus now for the more intense grailers

Another case of grade inflation. First the A* and now the Holy Grail Plus. Sort of makes you wonder what was so special about the original. Anyway, I thought that the whole point of the Holy Grail was that it was old school...

The Flashback is a cool pedal, I also have the TC Electronic Shaker pedal..

Other delays are the EHX Echo 1, Boss DD6, Digitech Jamman Stereo delay, MXR Carbon copy... I use most of the live for different things, different settings etc... I play the lead/2nd guitar parts in an acoustic combo so the odd 'slightly more electric' tone suits some songs we do...

Thanks for the demo vid...I like TC Electronic gear a lot, the Hall Of Fame is definitely on my "to audition" list.

PM, the MXR Carbon Copy is one of my favourite pedals ever. Jeorge Tripps is a genius...a friend of mine has an original Aqua Puss and we both agreed, after A/Bing them, that the Carbon Copy is better...mainly for the longer delay facility and modulation switch.

Archived