Gibson Brands Forums

Kitty Wells passes

Guest rogerb

Guest rogerb

Many years ago for a brief period I played guitar for Kitty Wells on the road. Kitty passed away yesterday at the age of 92. Truly the Queen of country music. Rest in peace.

• 1 month later...

Many years ago for a brief period I played guitar for Kitty Wells on the road. Kitty passed away yesterday at the age of 92. Truly the Queen of country music. Rest in peace.

Hey Roger,

I saw Kitty here in Texas several years back. Great show. Wish I had caught on to alot of the good stuff earlyer in life. But I saw alot more than most.

She really made me happy watching her. She was the real - real deal. She will be missed.

David, (Big Muddy)

I got to talk to her a bit and watch her performance at a small county fair in the late 1970s. Even then she was no kid, but put the best possible show for the time and place.

A good example, I think, of a true professional. Whether at the top of the charts or not, she was there giving her best to fans old and new.

It was a different era, truly; and she was the queen of country music who set the stage for new generations of girl singers who could and would stand up for themselves in song.

Roger... Cedar County Fair, Hartington, Neb. Woulda been around 77-79...

m

Archived