Gibson Brands Forums

(Special) Nick Lucas Special

JuanCarlosVejar

Thats great looking wood...wow...when is the last time you saw wood like that on a Martin..the millionth landmark guitar maybe.

If this is what Gibson was putting out maybe it was Chris Martin that sent the feds over there to raid em. : )

I wonder what this guitars "Sug.Retail" was ?

$6K used mint...mmm... the H&D I just got in Braz & Adi was $4500 and really is in brand new condition.

I'd say If it sounds great, maybe 1/4 of what they are asking..maybe?

Very nice but I cannot afford it...6K.

I am now saving for a L1 Robert Johnson and after that I want a dobro gibson hound dog ...that is goin to take me a while, life is expensive these day's.

But never the less a very nice piece of Gibson Wood.

This is a really nice guitar! The owner, a friend of mine, only had it for a year. He is super-meticulous about caring for his instruments. This got played strictly fingerstyle, with bare fingers yet, so absolutely no play damage. The MV folks are not kidding when they say "Like New". Also, I believe the guitar has been setup by Marcus Engstrom, which means compensated saddle, fret leveling, etc. I've had Marcus work on my guitars, and he's great. Anyway, this guitar plays beautifully.

The reason this guitar got traded in was that the owner has a lot of roughly comparable guitars, and it just wasn't getting enough playing time to justify him keeping it. He mainly uses his smaller guitars for rags and old-timey stuff, and the downright lush overtones of this guitar are less than ideally suited to that material. When something had to go to finance acquisition of one of those '38 Golden Age SJ-200s, this became it.

We spent quite a bit of time talking about whether he should buy this guitar in the first place, then quite a bit more talking about whether he should trade it in, which is how I know so much about it.

-- Bob R

This is a really nice guitar! The owner, a friend of mine, only had it for a year. He is super-meticulous about caring for his instruments. This got played strictly fingerstyle, with bare fingers yet, so absolutely no play damage. The MV folks are not kidding when they say "Like New". Also, I believe the guitar has been setup by Marcus Engstrom, which means compensated saddle, fret leveling, etc. I've had Marcus work on my guitars, and he's great. Anyway, this guitar plays beautifully.

The reason this guitar got traded in was that the owner has a lot of roughly comparable guitars, and it just wasn't getting enough playing time to justify him keeping it. He mainly uses his smaller guitars for rags and old-timey stuff, and the downright lush overtones of this guitar are less than ideally suited to that material. When something had to go to finance acquisition of one of those '38 Golden Age SJ-200s, this became it.

We spent quite a bit of time talking about whether he should buy this guitar in the first place, then quite a bit more talking about whether he should trade it in, which is how I know so much about it.

-- Bob R

Bob , has he recieved the 1938 Sj 200 yet ???

Robi Johns said the guitars would all be shipped right around this time . I haven't got mine yet

JC

Archived