Gibson Brands Forums

Help! Check your spare parts bin! Need Bridge Pivot screws S-310

Aoresteen

Help! I am working on an early 90's S-310 and I need two bridge pivot screws. The screws from an S-300, S-310, FAT-310 ect will fit. The specs are 5mm x 22mm long.

Every replacement 2-point bridge I've found has 6mm screws. Just wondering if anyone had a couple of 5mm pivot screws that they would let go.

Screws in FAT--310 2-point bridge:

bridgescrewss310.jpg

5mm Screws:

5mmscrew3.jpg

5mmscrew1.jpg

5mmscrew2.jpg

I called Gibson and they are checking but they are not confident that they have any of the pivot screws left.

Here's the S-310 I got from Bay:

epiphones-300white2.jpg

It's an electronic mess. "Repairs" were made with LAMP cord!

You may recall my red S-300 that I rebuilt:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/85417-s-300-redone/page__p__1173000__fromsearch__1#entry1173000

I have re-used the trem cover plate from the red S-300 and the old bridge plate:

largebolts.jpg

bridgeplate2.jpg

If anyone has a nice bridge plate like the above I'm interested as well. The pivot screw holes are 52mm center to center.

I'm replacing the saddles with GraphTech Saddle Savers and a GFS brass trem block. It will fit *IF* I can locate those peskey 5mm trem screws

Thanks!

Wish I could help. My S-500 had a totally different bridge set-up and my S-300 came without any hardware. Its actually still in pieces becuase I need a bridge! lol.

Thanks!

I had my tech install the Hipshot 2 point bridge as he had to plug the inserts holes anyway. I love this bridge! If I were to make a scratch build I would use the Hipshot.

Does your S-300 have the post inserts? If not, plug them and put a 60mm post to post bridge in there like the later FAT-310 have.

Thanks!

I had my tech install the Hipshot 2 point bridge as he had to plug the inserts holes anyway. I love this bridge! If I were to make a scratch build I would use the Hipshot.

Does your S-300 have the post inserts? If not, plug them and put a 60mm post to post bridge in there like the later FAT-310 have.

Yeah, it has the inserts, but no posts or bridge. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Its just another project sitting on a shelf in the midst of 100 other projects. lol.

That's going to be a tough one...asking to "check your parts bin" is a good idea as I think that may be the ONLY way you are going to find something like that.

I think the thing to consider also is that if everyone is currently making/offering 6mm as opposed to 5mm, the solution of replacing the bushings isn't all that hard. But THAT would also have an effect on why no one would stock 5mm if they ain't that popular and replacing bushings works.

Archived