sights and sounds

eor

7630096504_fd36dc7a63_z.jpg

sheraton headstock by the photographic minority, on Flickr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h066dyzHeA&feature=plcp

7630096876_3ee4c82f1b_z.jpg

byrdland headstock by the photographic minority, on Flickr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtUuW7bQDd8&feature=plcp

please excuse the video quality (and the playing). they were done as quick tests because the amp is acting up, but since i did them, figured i may as well share. guitar direct into the amp, no effects used. amp eq set flat, volumes and cut knob occasionally twiddled. it was late, so things were kinda quiet.

the pics were kinda impromptu, as well. got a new piece of kit and i needed to test it out somehow. slight alterations in google picasa (film grain, a touch of desaturation and a some vignetting on the sheraton pic, because it wasn't framed as well; it was done quickly)

Very tasty stuff eor. Wish I could play that well. :)

Been playing a lot of high gain stuff lately. But you have inspired me to go grab one of my guitars and play some low gain tones.

You should post more stuff in the future. [thumbup]

Very tasty stuff eor. Wish I could play that well. :)

Been playing a lot of high gain stuff lately. But you have inspired me to go grab one of my guitars and play some low gain tones.

You should post more stuff in the future. [thumbup]

that's kind of you to say. i wish i had taken this a little more seriously or had done better clips rather than a quick sound check now. i keep fiddling with the switches because the amp has been acting out and i'm trying to get it to go nuts. these are the videos where it works fine. but i do mostly play clean these days. and when you're making clips of a one channel amp at 4 in the morning, you'll probably be clean, too.

Gotta love those Elitist, I have a Chet Atkins, (or country gent as they were later called.) Very well made guitars, a shame gibson/epi has abandoned the line

love your Byrdland...

it was the only guitar that literally made me angry, as it forced me to buy it, against my wishes. that son of a ***** guitar [angry] i wish i could take another crack at the chet. i played one once unplugged a very long time ago in a store and i didn't really get it. i think the bigsby was fixed. the wider nut felt odd. i think i'd be more open to it now (wine red!), but i don't really need it.

as a result came *this* close to buying a gretsch 6122 1959 (the awesomest of chet guitars), but the stupid man posted it on ebay after we had agreed to meet and ended up getting less for it. what an idiot. still mad about that, though i put those funds toward the fussy amp seen in the clip.

You do play that well Brad. You just play a different style.

aww :)

Archived