Gibson Brands Forums

Question about shipping from US to Australia

Yorick

Hi to all the Aussies on the forum. One of your mates has expressed an interest in a vintage electric I'm selling (a 65 Epi Coronet).

What's your advice about shipping? Ordinarilly I avoid shopping internationally, but I happen to have several Aussie friends from way back.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Advice in which way ? Its pretty simple, you pick a shipping / freight company and you ship it..

Its the poor guy on the other side that has to deal with duties, custom and a whole bunch of other taxes that will increase the cost of the guitar by around 30%.

blues king is the boy to comment here , he recently took delivery of a guitar , and not without an amount of swearing and cursing too . maybe he could point out the do's and don'ts for packages to australia .

he's been missing a while though , hope he's alright and hasnt been dragged into an accident on that mad dog propelled bicycle

Fed Ex seems least costly by a little bit.

But US Post office may have better rates than Fed Ex.

A big Japanese instrument company..which is selling a used Gibson SJ200 Vine on ebay right now,uses a good possibly reasonably priced service ..if you contact them they will Im sure tell you.

Archived