Gibson Brands Forums

Jimi Hendrix- Born Under a Bad Sign

Del Nilppeznaf

Recently posted Albert King playing this.... don't know if he wrote it.. but he's the best known for it.

This is Jimi playing it for those that havent heard it...it's long..and you gotta listen to it all if you like blues.

I think it may be THE best blues guitar EVER recrorded

listen man..B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8BP5VLRX2A

Recently posted Albert King playing this.... don't know if he wrote it.. but he's the best known for it.

This is Jimi playing it for those that havent heard it...it's long..and you gotta listen to it all if you like blues.

I think it may be THE best blues guitar EVER recrorded

listen man..B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8BP5VLRX2A

Yep! While I am no Hendrix....My band partner and I thoroughly enjoy our version of this song.... [thumbup]

Wow!

OK, what's the guitar?

Apparently called a Zemaitis

http://www.zemaitisclub.com/hendrix-zemaitis-japan-magazine.htm

Tony Zemaitis the British luthier became a legend in his own lifetime. The favoured guitar maker for such stars as Ronnie Wood, George Harrison, Eric Clapton… the list goes on. He pioneered hand-crafted guitars - producing beautifully decorated acoustics with phenomenal sustain and tone; stunning electrics with engraved metal or intricate pearl inlayed fronts; and all were such great guitars to play! These instruments are truly “Art with Strings”.

jimi-hendrix-zemaitis-japan-magazine.jpg

Apparently called a Zemaitis

http://www.zemaitisclub.com/hendrix-zemaitis-japan-magazine.htm

Tony Zemaitis the British luthier became a legend in his own lifetime. The favoured guitar maker for such stars as Ronnie Wood, George Harrison, Eric Clapton… the list goes on. He pioneered hand-crafted guitars - producing beautifully decorated acoustics with phenomenal sustain and tone; stunning electrics with engraved metal or intricate pearl inlayed fronts; and all were such great guitars to play! These instruments are truly “Art with Strings”.

jimi-hendrix-zemaitis-japan-magazine.jpg

Intonation must have been a bit odd with that saddle orientation when strung as a lefty as shown here. As I recall, Hendrix usually played righty guitars strung upside down like this.

Jimi is just the best... I love this clip... Nothin but a man and his guitar :) awesome (the whole Blues album is great)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxzs3lGSu2U

yeah..can't watch this clip at the mo due to bleedin usage limits we in The banna republic of Ireland have to deal with.. but looking forward to it...I'm guessing it isn't the one where hes tuned down a whole step " did you think I'd do that..haha"

The Blues albumn is good.. though for me there are only a few stand out tracks really... what a shame he didn't live longer

Born Under a Bad Sign from this albumn is the type of song you start to REALLY get a little after maybe the 7th listen.. by the 33rd listen then it becomes evident...and after the 6th of the 9th your still completely blown away

the phrasing is so completely soulful in some parts...like your just tapped into the universal human experience.. and he's just expressing the human voicing of that through his guitar.. not thinking..just singing through it... wish i could express it better.. but words can't express it

It should be listened to from the CD or good quality download.. LOUD

yeah..can't watch this clip at the mo due to bleedin usage limits we in The banna republic of Ireland have to deal with.. but looking forward to it...I'm guessing it isn't the one where hes tuned down a whole step " did you think I'd do that..haha"

The Blues albumn is good.. though for me there are only a few stand out tracks really... what a shame he didn't live longer

Born Under a Bad Sign from this albumn is the type of song you start to REALLY get a little after maybe the 7th listen.. by the 33rd listen then it becomes evident...and after the 6th of the 9th your still completely blown away

the phrasing is so completely soulful in some parts...like your just tapped into the universal human experience.. and he's just expressing the human voicing of that through his guitar.. not thinking..just singing through it... wish i could express it better.. but words can't express it

It should be listened to from the CD or good quality download.. LOUD

you're on the wine again :)

awesome track though true enough,

had that cd years ago , i used to love it , but its hard to listen to it all in one sitting .

the mannish boy was one of my favourites , love that riff he uses

The electric track is amazing – absolutely sublime blues. Thanks forposting.

The acoustic I've known since I saw it in a movie as a kid. My dads fiance worked at a hotel connected to the cinema and got me a free ticket, so in alone I went. The 12-string bar-stool scene was the poster and made a lasting impression. I've since come to find the clip a little overrated.

Never knew it was a Zemaitis, , , and looking/listening closer it seems to be silk'n'steel strings, doesn't it.

A 12-string silk'n'steel performance – now that's rare.

you're on the wine again :)

had that cd years ago , i used to love it , but its hard to listen to it all in one sitting .

How very daresh you...hic...

and very true

Neat clip. Thanx. I love Hendrix but still think it just never got any better than the late night, juke joint ripping, menthol cigarette smoking, big cty electric players like T-Bone Walker, Magic Sam and Otis Rush.

Zomby..I know you love da blues man..I hear ya.. but give this track a few listens.... not preachin..but..well.... yea

Speaking of Zemaitis acoustics: Donovan had a Zemaitis acoustic - The Blue Moon guitar -

donovan-with-blue-moon.jpg

48559531.jpg. 52987419.jpg

His style don't age well does it.....hahaa... but the recent postings of him playing has made me look again at him... I think he's cooler now than he ever has been... now he got rid of that feckin Moon guitar.. [biggrin]

never did 'get' donovan , his guitaring and style and melody are right up my street. , but i can't get past the utter bollox lyrics . any time i seen him interviewed or chatting he came across as a little bit full of himself ie. he thinks he's up there with dylan and ....well.

i know he has a couple fans on here and i'm not tryin to start nuthin . maybe i've missed something.

he did write season of the witch , and if he hadnt then stephen stills wouldnt have recorded it . if any you guys havent heard that .....

lay back and roll one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJyQuWDk2OY

never did 'get' donovan , his guitaring and style and melody are right up my street. , but i can't get past the utter bollox lyrics . any time i seen him interviewed or chatting he came across as a little bit full of himself ie. he thinks he's up there with dylan and ....well.

i know he has a couple fans on here and i'm not tryin to start nuthin . maybe i've missed something.

he did write season of the witch , and if he hadnt then stephen stills wouldnt have recorded it . if any you guys havent heard that .....

lay back and roll one

Haha..i know what ya meann BB

that famous clip of him and Bob trading songs in a London hotel... recent posts have changed my mind tho..Jinder saying he was hanging with him and he was very humble.... I got that impression off recent videos of him

Lyrically tho.. lot of his stuff is laughable..soz.. Dono fans

Blue Moon guitar says alot..I know PM loves him [laugh]

[quote name='double0blues' timestamp='1343235257' post='1233073

certainly wasn't a blues guitarist...

hhaahahahhahaaaa

roll on my man..... have you even listened to the original post...lol.. [lol]c [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

com on mannnnn...anyone who doesnt get that recording who like thwe blues...aint listening ...hahahaa JESUS

hhaahahahhahaaaa

roll on my man..... have you even listened to the original post...lol.. [lol]c [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

com on mannnnn...anyone who doesnt get that recording who like thwe blues...aint listening ...hahahaa JESUS

All imitation - Hendrix never played an original blues lick in his life...

lay back and roll one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJyQuWDk2OY

That's a great album, and I sort of think of it as the time when Al Kooper took off his training wheels and showed that he was starting to learn how to play keyboards.

Feel as free as you want to flak one of my heroes - we can take it.

Don had the holy gift right from the start.

He was a genius, a godfather, a magician, a saint* , , , , still there is a few floors up to Bob.

Do you people think the guy had been a natural member of the Fab-4-lounge if he was a cheese-hole.

You need to dive into his '60ties records – try Sunshine Superman for a beginning and don't overlook the early acoustic stuff. A sunshine superb guitarist, writer and singer you'll find.

Sincerly

The Fanboy

*and sometimes quite whimsy oh sure

Ceramic magic ~ DwithJ-45.jpg

All imitation - Hendrix never played an original blues lick in his life...

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

seriously I am literally laughing so hard... I dig the blues my man

the whole point of the post was to give some ppl that maybe havent heard this recording a chance to hear it...

I HAVE NEVER NOW OR ANYTIME HEARD ANYTHING LIKE IT

Of course you can dig it or not..but LISTEN TO IT.... there is loads of first hand reports of ppl who actually hyung with Hendrix..and listened to him play... not the pop bullshit he released to make a buck..get fame..ect..I mean.. Chas Chandler ffs

i mean ppl who went to see him when he first landed in London..

eric clapton famous story of wanting to give up guitar on hearing him

OF ****IN COURSE HE WAS BLUES

sorry for erant..but with a name like DOUBLE BLUES.. man ...?

My post stands

The Best Blues guitar EVER recorded [woot]...

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

seriously I am literally laughing so hard... I dig the blues my man

the whole point of the post was to give some ppl that maybe havent heard this recording a chance to hear it...

I HAVE NEVER NOW OR ANYTIME HEARD ANYTHING LIKE IT

Of course you can dig it or not..but LISTEN TO IT.... there is loads of first hand reports of ppl who actually hyung with Hendrix..and listened to him play... not the pop bullshit he released to make a buck..get fame..ect..I mean.. Chas Chandler ffs

i mean ppl who went to see him when he first landed in London..

eric clapton famous story of wanting to give up guitar on hearing him

OF ****IN COURSE HE WAS BLUES

sorry for erant..but with a name like DOUBLE BLUES.. man ...?

My post stands

The Best Blues guitar EVER recorded [woot]...

Also its a fact that all the old bluesmen used to steal riffs from each other.. they worked the same curcuits and would hear stuff that they would then use..

So the very term Original Blues Riff is kind of a myth... Its all stolen and plagiarised...

People like Robert Johnson started it all.. and they all died poor as they never got the recognition they deserved in their own time so you could say that anyone in rock or blues are getting rich from those southern delta guys. From Chuck Berry to Guns n Roses :)

Why Jimi is alive and living in Prague ..go to the 1:00 min mark..

Actually, this is a good friend of mine Dani Robinson who does an amazing Hendrix show and is one of the best guitarits Ive basically come across anywhere.

Ive had the privilidge of playing with him a few times and he sometimes joins us for some tasty lead playing at our pub gigs.

Amazing talent and the nicest guy you could meet.

and here's some footage when we played together last year ..

Archived