Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone ever try this stuff?

daveinspain

Guest farnsbarns

What is T-Cut and can I use it to brush my teeth?

It's used to polish cellulose and 2pak paint finishes on freshly spayed cars, and to remove scratches on not so freshly sprayed cars. I would think it would make your teeth very clean but I think it would ware them down. Its possible to polish right through paint fairly quickly. it's probably toxic as well.

Well, if it works like it looks like it does, I'm in. I've got a black Ovation Elite LX1778

1778LX_lg.jpg

with "lotsa pick scratches" on it, since there's no pickguard. Thought about trying Meguiers (sp) as recommended in other threads but this looks like "da bomb" no?

Well, if it works like it looks like it does, I'm in. I've got a black Ovation Elite LX1778

1778LX_lg.jpg

with "lotsa pick scratches" on it, since there's no pickguard. Thought about trying Meguiers (sp) as recommended in other threads but this looks like "da bomb" no?

Virtuoso polish and cleaner are the best I have ever found but I have never tried this stuff....

Virtuoso polish and cleaner are the best I have ever found but I have never tried this stuff....

I agree.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/89514-virtuoso-polish-time/page__p__1227836__fromsearch__1#entry1227836

I have not tried the cleaner yet since both my guitars are new, but I would email them to see if the cleaner also takes out scratches or not.

One guy states here the cleaner did take off his scratches.

http://www.virtuosopolish.com/page14.php

I suppose it depends on the coating used on the guitar, and the type of mark. Virtuoso cleaner did not remove any of the marks on my black ES-335 which has a nitro finish. It looks like diluted Brasso to me, smells the same as well. I used Virtuoso cleaner as the UK reseller says it is good for nitro so I am not going to use anything else unless someone says they have used it and is OK. The Virtuoso polish is good, but so is the Gibson polish, pump and cream.

Bob.

Archived