Gibson Brands Forums

Song Premiere: Steve Vai, 'John the Revelator'

Searcy

Hmmm...

Im not quite sure what to make of that.. it was a bit of a mess if you ask me.. I appreciate hes trying to do something a little different.. But, hmm... it was like a blues/gospal/soul mix with some lead guitar thrown in but none of the aspects stood out which is why I think it sounded messy, it was more like they were fighting with each other.

Maybe its just a track that needs a few listens..

I think it's a fantastic version of a great old song. I'm glad to see Vai stretching out a little. I don;t think I would ever intentionally listen to Keef. I mean, he dosn't really play guitar does he? [biggrin]

I think it's a fantastic version of a great old song. I'm glad to see Vai stretching out a little. I don;t think I would ever intentionally listen to Keef. I mean, he dosn't really play guitar does he? [biggrin]

I like the Stones as much as the next guy, but I tend to favor bands with busy rhythm sections.

That's why I get bored with a lot of blues stuff, and guitar music (Satriani, Vai, etc).

Explains why I love Rush, Zeppelin, Van Halen (although Mikey wasn't really a "busy" bass player...But he filled up space!), Iron Maiden, Cream, Dream Theater, etc.

When the whole band is on fire and the songs have great lyrical content, I'll listen!

I guess you don't like Rock n Roll. It's different than Rock music and Keef is by far one of the best RnR guitar players out there. He is an icon that has written so many fantastic songs covered by artists of all genres.

He is not a virtuoso but to deny his huge contribution over the past 50 years is short sighted at best.

Van Halen (although Mikey wasn't really a "busy" bass player...But he filled up space!)

[lol] [lol] [lol]

You mean the king of the single eighth note rhythm?

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

I guess you don't like Rock n Roll. It's different than Rock music and Keef is by far one of the best RnR guitar players out there. He is an icon that has written so many fantastic songs covered by artists of all genres.

He is not a virtuoso but to deny his huge contribution over the past 50 years is short sighted at best.

Reading a lot into my comment there arn't you? [rolleyes]

Archived