Gibson Brands Forums

Ernie Ball cobalt strings

sellen

After seeing your other video yesterday where you mentioned R&R ain't noise pollution, I had to look up on YouTube how to play it.

I dig AC/DC, but cannot play hardly any of their stuff.

Highway to hell, shook me all night long are great songs to start with as the solos aren't to hard to get a proper feel to

R&R ain't noise pollution i currently working on the solo, give me a half year [biggrin]

Back in black starting to piss me off, it sounds crap when i record it ](*,)

Again thanks everyone for your kind words

looks like decent learning videos.

I kinda like to buy good ol' tablature books, i like the ones with notes on top of the tabs as i have learned how to read the length of them. when i beginning to get near i hear the original, and try to adjust to that.

Great demo Sir!

I bought a set out of sheer curiosity, and I have to say that I am impressed.

put them on my SG today, and I noticed a huge difference in tone.

I am still trying to decide if it is a change I want to make permanently though.

Thanks guys [thumbup]

BTW On highway to hell i tuned down a half step, and a couple of strings was hard to keep in tune. The tune went high especially the D string, had to restring it and it finally was steady. That could be a weakness with the cobalt strings that they need time to adjust when tuning down. Or it could be i had done a bad job shifting strings, hard to say.

You nailed those for sure nice work ...I was looking at trying them ( cobalts) myself...would you say they have a slightly " warmer " feel....( if that makes any sense).

Highway to hell i'm satisfied with, shook me needs still some Angus power in the bending vibrato and overall more "feel" at the lead and the intro sound not right sound vise. Gonna play those Live in a couple of months so i better nail it [biggrin]

I would say they sound tighter on chords, ring out more even. Maybe "warmer" to. But they might loose some of the bright spark the regular has. Kinda feel they are a little bit easier to play

Thanks everyone for your kind words [thumbup]

Archived