Gibson Brands Forums

Oh Oh.... GAS ALERT GAS ALERT

Rabs

WITH P90s, 60s neck AND Rosewood [love] I think I just soiled myself :P :)

$1,999

•Chambered Mahogany body with solid Maple top and f-holes

•Mahogany neck with fast, comfortable '60s-style profile

•Rosewood fingerboard with traditional acrylic trapezoid inlays

•Pair of P-90 Soapbar pickups in the neck and bridge

•Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece

•Premium Grover™ Keystone tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Midtown-Standard-P-90.aspx

Splash-01-2.jpg

id change the pickup covers to black on this... hmmmmmmmm :)

DSDCPWRCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

DSDCPV2CH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Are these similar to the Midtown that came out awhile back, or lesser/more?

I like!

Ooops, long day at work, I see it is a Midtown.

So the only difference is that this has the P90s verses the full size humbuckers?

Are these similar to the Midtown that came out awhile back, or lesser/more?

I like!

Last one was a Midtown Custom.. so some different features... Similar guitar though.. As far as I remember the Custom had a Richlite board and obviously humbuckers... This one really hits the spot for me.. I WILL get one (one way or another ;))

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Midtown-Custom.aspx

Cool, thanks Rabs.

So, if one down the road changes their mind and wants to swap in a pair of 57s like my SG has, will they fit, or would it have to be routed?

I am not to familiar with the P90s.

Single coil I see, but a much fatter sound than say a single coil on a Telecaster/Stratocaster.

Cool, thanks Rabs.

So, if one down the road changes their mind and wants to swap in a pair of 57s like my SG has, will they fit, or would it have to be routed?

I am not to familiar with the P90s.

Single coil I see, but a much fatter sound than say a single coil on a Telecaster/Stratocaster.

Yes... if you want humbuckers get a different guitar... I dont think its worth ever routing out (but thats me). I have a DC Faded that I want to stick a humbucker in the bridge, but am gonna just get the hottest Mini Hummer I can..

P90s.. well its a funny thing.. when you get into them you love them, but it seems an aquired taste.. Someone in a guitar shop told me he was to young to appreciate them lol.... For me they are great they are darker than Humbuckers but give you a real classic rock/blues sound that alot of people love..

If youve not tried them I suggest you give them a go :) I started on Humbuckers but now have three guitars with p90s..

Check this out.. its my Tribute Studio which has P90s.. they sound great to me and this is just going through my small Marshall Solid State amp (and yes much fatter than a single coil strat type pickup, these still roar like any good gibson should ;)) (distorted sound about 3:50 in)

I can't choose...

Turbo kit for the car or a Midtown...

No choice for me between those two it would be a guitar any day.. and if i had the money id put it down right this second for one of these :)

DSDCPWRCH1-Glam-Shot.jpg

DSDCPH2CH1-Glam-Shot.jpg

You know, though...the first thing I'd do, with this new (P-90) model, is switch positions,

with the selector switch, and the volume control. Make the switch hole into the TONE control,

and the tone control (as it is now) into the volume control, and put the switch, where the

volume control is now....more like a ES-335 would be, if it had only a single volume and tone

control. But, that's just Me! :rolleyes:

Confused, yet? [biggrin]

CB

It's a (Gibson) conspiracy, to keep me "Gassed up," and broke! [flapper][biggrin]

Damn!! I have to stay away, from this forum...It just never ends, huh? :rolleyes:[crying]

CB

Know how you feel. So many different 335's / 355's on limited runs now it's driving me crazy. Need to remortgage the house soon.

Bob

Archived