Gibson Brands Forums

E and B string seem a little hot through the Baggs

The dman

I just bought a J45 standard and love everything about it but I noticed when using the Baggs pickup the E and B seem a little too hot for my taste, I have a Guild with a under the saddle pickup system and it's even across all the strings so I was wondering if there's anything that can be done to tame those two strings or bring the last 4 strings up in volume.

Thanks

I presume it's an UST? Do you have a uniform, even fit across the bottom of the saddle? Is the guitar new and does it have the original saddle ... or has it been replaced with bone or something?

Really the same problem I have.That's my thread mentioned above.Waiting for your result.I'm planning to replace it with Baggs M1 or M80.I really hope Gibson can pay more attention to their quality control.

Unless he has the exact same strings on the guitar that were on it when it left the factory, this is not a QC issue IMO. As soon as you change strings, releasing the pressure on the saddle and perhaps shifting the Element UST (under saddle transducer) ribbon slightly, you can change the balance of the volume of the pickup. This is why I prefer SBT (sound board transducer)to the UST.

Archived