Gibson Brands Forums

A proud Brit!

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

Well, there you go. An amazing opening ceremony! I am humbled!

The 2 speeches with their fantastic optimism (note the use of shakespears 3's, read the friends, Romans and countrymen speech from Julius Caeser if you aren't familiar). The coherent representation of history with so many poignant, meaningful and visually impressive spectacles.

Something to be proud of! There was even a hint of the British humbleism (invented word) to it.

As for the lighting of the cauldron and the "copper petals" (one thing I knew about in advance), F-ing amazing!

And Mr Bean! Genius!

Let's leave fear behind (and I have my own fears) and stand proud. All the on here Brits unite, stand proud, be counted.

3 Cheers for the British Olympic opening ceremony....

Hip hip....

Guest farnsbarns

Just an addition, A year ago this nation (my self in particular) was in disgust of itself with the great unwashed rioting and looting, one of our darkest moments, to this, one of our proudest.

A salute to Simon (Flight 959) out a 3.30 AM securing out capitol during this event!!!! [thumbup]

Cheers to you Farns; very proud to be British and a Londoner too.

I love living in London - It's rich history, the clubs/pubs, the variety of cultures (c.300 different languages spoken), it's penchant for producing cutting edge work in the sciences and arts, but most of all - the atmosphere and being arguably one of the best places in the world to study music biggrin.gifcool.gif It is strange, but a pleasure at the same time that the eyes of the world are on us!

I felt the Queen was a great sport for involving her self with this. As a die hard Bond fan I was overjoyed to see her address "Mr Bond". Great touch to the opening [thumbup]

Screenshot2012-07-28at081132.png

Didn't see it, read about it.

With all due respect, I thought it rocked for the queen to play along with the gag.

May all else go well for the Olympics there.

I probably should apologize... I've flown over the UK, never was there. Kinda odd for an American who at 16 knew all the names and years of reigns since Alfred. <grin> Gotta admit I've forgotten most of it.

m

Archived