Gibson Brands Forums

Piracy Study

Rocky4

Piracy has never really been that bad. The music and movie industries keep complaining about how much money they are losing because of piracy but the numbers have yet to back them up on those statements. The reality is that the music and movie industries pull in so much money that piracy doesn't even make a dent in their profit margins.

If you don't believe me please take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZadCj8O1-0&feature=plcp

I was referring to P2P (which is what most people think of as piracy) only being 15%. It is a shame that only 25% is actually paid for.

That would be online piracy, you can see it went down from the previous year while ripping music from others increased, I am sure it is due to all the efforts to curb P2P over the years, ripping music from others is going to be tough to stop and it is virtually untraceable. The Piracy warning on CDs is hardly a deterrent.

Piracy has never really been that bad. The music and movie industries keep complaining about how much money they are losing because of piracy but the numbers have yet to back them up on those statements. The reality is that the music and movie industries pull in so much money that piracy doesn't even make a dent in their profit margins.

If you don't believe me please take a look at this video:

When you get a job, I'm sure you wont have a problem with 65% of your product being compromised.

When you get a job, I'm sure you wont have a problem with 65% of your product being compromised.

First of all, this lacks all relevance. Second, I have a job.

I think you misread the article and didn't even watch the video.

First of all, this lacks all relevance. Second, I have a job.

I think you misread the article and didn't even watch the video.

I watched the video.....and just because an industry is making money, it doesn't make stealing right.

Archived