Gibson Brands Forums

I got a couple new Gibsons

mark49

What a beautiful lineup. I love the J180, I hope Gibson bring out a reissue of the Everlys that was based on that.

Bob

Bob ,

I once saw a video where Ren Ferguson said they built them for the japanese market ... I am sure if you speak to a gibson 5 star dealer they can get you an everly version .

Mark , the SJ 200 Koa and Billie Joe look nice =D

JC

Bob ,

I once saw a video where Ren Ferguson said they built them for the japanese market ... I am sure if you speak to a gibson 5 star dealer they can get you an everly version .

JC

Just remembered, they called it the SQ-180.

Bob

That J-180 is a nice looking guitar, but I always wonder if having most of the surface area of the top covered in pickguard affects the tone? It must prevent the top from vibrating quite a lot. Anyone got any experience with this?

That J-180 is a nice looking guitar, but I always wonder if having most of the surface area of the top covered in pickguard affects the tone? It must prevent the top from vibrating quite a lot. Anyone got any experience with this?

I would think so from looking at it, but when I asked about large pickguard on J200 Mr.Ferguson insisted it does not affect sound & that there is layerl(maybe adhesive)that suspends pickguard from top.

thank you JC

Bob ,

JC

I was concerned with that myself,I thought it might sound dead,but this one sounds as good as the Dve and the J200 koa if I can ever figure out how to post sound clips I will record a bit of all 3 and post them

Archived