Gibson Brands Forums

CRAZY drummer

Rabs

been posted a million times but fun to watch.

Ahhh ok... that explains the lack of interest :)

Ive never seen it before today.. I thought it was helerious... Even for a rock drummer thats extreme movement lol [thumbup]

Never gets old!!! [biggrin]

He obviously makes a living from this :) I tell you what though... even with all those crazy moves he doesnt miss a beat... its pretty impressive really

He obviously makes a living from this :) I tell you what though... even with all those crazy moves he doesnt miss a beat... its pretty impressive really

Yep. I'm pretty sure he was even on "The Office" last season playing drums too!!

Yep he would, Louie and Krupa and Rich etc..... I laugh at this guy who swing's his arm's around like a ape missing beats all over the place.

No one is perfect but give me a brake man!

Yep he would, Louie and Krupa and Rich etc..... I laugh at this guy who swing's his arm's around like a ape missing beats all over the place.

No one is perfect but give me a brake man!

Bellson never gets his due. His wife was a great singer I hear [thumbup]

Louie was reportedly the first guy to use double basses. I attended a clinic he put on in 1967, to warm up he went through all the rudiments, with his hands, then with his feet, then alternating between left hand/right foot- etc... Gotta love thos big 26" basses!

Yes Bellson was first to do 2 bass drums in a single drum kit in the late 1940's. It's funny how it wasn't until the 60's before it really caught on with Keith Moon and Geiger Baker. Here is his legacy site http://www.louiebellson.info/ Francine Bellson runs the show now and I still get regular emails on the mailing list from them. They seem like really nice folks from the words in the emails I receive.

Bellson never gets his due. His wife was a great singer I hear [thumbup]

Louie was reportedly the first guy to use double basses. I attended a clinic he put on in 1967, to warm up he went through all the rudiments, with his hands, then with his feet, then alternating between left hand/right foot- etc... Gotta love thos big 26" basses!

He was an incredible timekeeper....dig the 'Basie Jam' album.

I was in Ronnie Scotts watching Elvin Jones sometime in the late 70s or early 80s. It was near the end of the set and I was so into the music (he had Roland Prince on guitar, from Antigua) that I didn't notice the arrival at a table near me of 3 large gentlemen in expensive overcoats; Elvin was soloing and his energy level suddenly went WAY up...at the end he grabbed the mic and introduced these 3 men - Buddy Rich, Louie Bellson, Shelley Manne....O..M..G.

I think this Steve Moore guy in the vid is pretty good and entertaining in his own field....

Archived