Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RS1976

anyone ever build their own guitar?

I have a strat style guitar I put together.

Neck and Body - Stew Mac

Pick ups - bridge is Seymour lil 59, middle from a 72 strat, neck from silver anniversary strat

Bridge - from the 72 strat

tuners - Stew mac vintage style

I'm actually planning another strat style build (maple fret board) with 2 Seymour P-rails, middle pup a hot rails, LR Baggs Piezo bridge, Guitar Fetish Classic Mid Boost/SRV Frequency Expander Board (http://www.guitarfetish.com/Classic-Mid-BoostSRV-Frequency-Expander-Board-Two-Switches_p_488.html), and a few other tricked out ideas floatin' in my head

Ive built several - why did you have a question?

Here's a Tele I started a few months back but then decided to do a three way move of homes and buy a cabin up north in Payson Arizona so I haven't worked on it in a while. I finished the neck so all that's left is to finish it and put it together.

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

Here's a acoustic I built with a high grade Cocobolo back and a red Spruce/Adirondack top

IMG_1111.jpg

Cocobolo002.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

And here another acoustic with a 5A Koa back (master grade) and again a Adirondack top

koa02.jpg

koa01.jpg

And here's one just getting started

SideintheJigcopy.jpg

<<< lovin' Dem00ns' Strat!!.....and OMG Retro, those acoustics are amazing, i'm jealous!

i built both of these and the amp behind them......

GarysCam272.jpg

and i'm currently doing the "spray, sand, repeat" loop on the body for a "Muddy Waters" type Strat (yes, I know he played a Tele) that's "Official Alabama Crimson Tide" red, plain white PG, old Fender amp knobs, black p'up covers, with a rosewood FB.

it should be finished sometime next month.

The first guitar I ever built was this one for my god daughter Brandi.

2f.jpg

Then I built this variation on the idea.

Small2.jpg

Then a bass.

CONTURE1.jpg

Another electric.

6.jpg

An acoustic for my dad.

BodyDone2.jpg

Guitarscopy1.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010003-1-1.jpg

The Tele is a Warmoth body and various parts from eBay and Stew-Mac

The cbg with the Tele pickup was an experiment that never worked out like I planned

The yellow cbg was my first cigar box. It cost me less than $25 and is a blast to play, everyone should have one.

...but after seeing Retro's post, I want to crawl under a table.....

Very cool guitars here! I don't have the skills to build one myself, but I've taken apart my Sonex enough times to feel that I could at least try.

I wouldn,t now were to start and even if I did I wouldn,t have the skill needed so I have my guitars built buy Gibson and Fender and anybody else who wants to produce guitars for me. [thumbup] [flapper]Wow there are some highly skilled people out there, Searcy they are very nice indeed [thumbup]