Gibson Brands Forums

Electro-Harmonix Wah with no moving parts

Riffster

I saw the demo on the link I posted, but it is by EH.

While I agree that YouTube has a lot of the answers I don't look at a lot of reviews by Dealers as they have a vested interest, a lot of reviews become nothing but an ad. Guitar World magazine used to have "Pros/Cons" of each piece of gear they reviewed and they did away with it now, products are always great.

I saw the demo on the link I posted, but it is by EH.

While I agree that YouTube has a lot of the answers I don't look at a lot of reviews by Dealers as they have a vested interest, a lot of reviews become nothing but an ad. Guitar World magazine used to have "Pros/Cons" of each piece of gear they reviewed and they did away with it now, products are always great.

Thats why I posted the Andertons one too... they didnt really like it much (and they answer your questions) :)

It sounds good, but it's a stupid design. I mean, what's the point if you can't velcro it to a board? I guess it must be aimed at beginners or bedroom players.

I'll stick with my Cry Baby, thank you very much.

Another thing I don't like about this wah and a lot of other wahs (including the Morley stuff and the Dunlop 95Q) is that you can't get the Schenker half-cocked wah tone unless you keep your foot on it at all times. I often use the wah as a filter, so the mechanical switch that some people complain about enables me to do that.

Chappers is a straight shooter. I dig that.

Good point about the half cocked wah sound, and if you're any good with a soldering iron it takes like 5 minutes to replace a switch if it breaks (which shouldn't happen for at least like 10 years of normal use IMO). I've got EHX pedals that are a couple decades older than I am and they're still using the original switches which work perfectly. Carling switches rule.

I'm not a big fan of the wah on the pedalboard personally. Especially on an angled pedaltrain type.. It just doesn't feel right. I think a lot of players prefer their wah on the floor so that part doesn't bother me

Good point about the half cocked wah sound, and if you're any good with a soldering iron it takes like 5 minutes to replace a switch if it breaks (which shouldn't happen for at least like 10 years of normal use IMO). I've got EHX pedals that are a couple decades older than I am and they're still using the original switches which work perfectly. Carling switches rule.

I'm not a big fan of the wah on the pedalboard personally. Especially on an angled pedaltrain type.. It just doesn't feel right. I think a lot of players prefer their wah on the floor so that part doesn't bother me

Well, it still slides around!

I prefer flat pedalboards anyways. My pedals are always in one row. The only thing in the back is the power supply.

My setup is pretty simple. No effects loops, switchers, presets, rackmount gear (except for when I finally invest in a Furman Power Condidtioner. I'm also looking into the Palmer speaker simulators, but I don't think I'll need those. I just don't like to worry about mics and stuff. And I might get a wireless system when we start playing bigger places.), big pedalboards, MIDI, etc.

You guys have had REALLY good luck with crybaby's or mine has been bad hahaha. Mine seem to break as soon as get them home LOL. I use a parachute wah now and I've had to have it repeaired twice. I love the cocked Schenker tone as well, I use the wah to change tones of leads etc, not just for the wah wah effect.

Archived