Gibson Brands Forums

What Was The First Concert You Ever Attended?

ModalMood

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Beatles," August 21st, 1966...at Busch Stadium, St. Louis, Missouri. I was 16, and

I had never seen so many beautiful girls, in one place, before (or, since)! Oh, and the

concert was Great, too...what you could hear of it, over the screams, from those very same

girls. [biggrin]

CB

My first ever concert was the Stampeders.

But my first real rock show was Kiss, Love Gun tour 1977.

They were awesome. The drum kit rolled out to the front of the stage and raised up to to roof.

I was 16.

My first ever concert was the Stampeders.

But my first real rock show was Kiss, Love Gun tour 1977.

They were awesome. The drum kit rolled out to the front of the stage and raised up to to roof.

I was 16.

What I wouldn't give to see that! Well, I saw Ace live and that was awesome too!

My first show was B.B. King at some blues festival in Missoula, MT in 2004. I was a youngster then. Can't remember a thing!

Elvin Bishop and Dr. John were there too. Not bad for a first concert!

The California World Music Festival in Los Angeles 1979.. I went on day one. Here was the line up.

Cheap Trick

Toto

REO Speedwagon

Journey

Outlaws

Ted Nugent

Head East

April Wine

Mahogany Rush

Fabulous Poodles <<<<< Got booed and pelted off the stage with shoes/various items.....and rightfully so

Thanks to young parents that were artist and hippies it was Woodstock but I was only 9 almost 10 though only three months away. So I'm not sure how much it counts but it should it was amazing still the most people Ive ever seen in one place even after all these years. My memories are those of a kid though I thought it was great but I didn't realize it would have such a huge impact on the world at that time. I was amazed and overwhelmed it was overwhelming in many ways including the smell. [unsure] It was part of an amazing summer where my parents took us from Wisconsin there and then across the country to Lompoc California. My dad was a military diver and had been assigned to Vandenberg AFB's reopening. My mom was a total hippie and a ballet dancer/painter that also did modeling so it was all kind of a really weird childhood. I was actually about 12-13 before I realized T-shirts actually came from the store white and not tie-died. I thought my dad's white t-shirts were military issue since I had never seen one that was white!

Jethro Tull at the Chicago Stadium, 1972. We sprung for the expensive seats--$6.

In 72 I was 11 years old. My dad was going to take me and Danny Turner to one of two concerts. It was either going to be Zep or Tull (Passion Play tour if I remember correctly.) It was the hardest choice I ever had to make. We went for Zeppelin. \M/

I can't remember what year or how old I was, and I wasn't even messed up. But my first concert was Poison, Lita Ford, and Britny Fox. That should put it about '88 or '89, or possibly '90, which should put me between 16-18. Hair Metal to the MAX. Too many fine looking girls to count!

Rush came to Fitchburg Mass in like, 1974/75? that had to be it for me. 20 minutes before the show, walking to my seat up the steps in the old Fitchburg Theater I see (who I learned later on were) Geddy and Alex about 10 feet away from me, they were standing down off to the side of the stage talking to the sound crew, I knudged my buddy ans said, "who are these hosers" -- the rest,, as they say is history..

Lots of little live music encounters as a kid, but the first big show I remember buying a ticket for was The Eagles in early 1980.

But now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I saw Molly Hatchet before that and maybe Marshall Tucker even before that - it just doesn't seem that way in my memory. The Eagles show, being bigger and all, seems like the first.

Ima go look this stuff up on the Internet...

Yep turns out I saw Marshall Tucker Band on 12/8/79 - (you can find their complete tour schedule on the internet - crazy).

I saw the Eagles on the Long Run tour on 1/27/80 (thanks to the Internet again)

Can't find the Molly Hatchett dates, but the first album came out in 1978 so that may have been the first. It's a ll a bit foggy anyway - as perhaps it should be.

Thanks to young parents that were artist and hippies it was Woodstock but I was only 9 almost 10 though only three months away. So I'm not sure how much it counts but it should it was amazing still the most people Ive ever seen in one place even after all these years. My memories are those of a kid though I thought it was great but I didn't realize it would have such a huge impact on the world at that time. I was amazed and overwhelmed it was overwhelming in many ways including the smell. [unsure] It was part of an amazing summer where my parents took us from Wisconsin there and then across the country to Lompoc California. My dad was a military diver and had been assigned to Vandenberg AFB's reopening. My mom was a total hippie and a ballet dancer/painter that also did modeling so it was all kind of a really weird childhood. I was actually about 12-13 before I realized T-shirts actually came from the store white and not tie-died. I thought my dad's white t-shirts were military issue since I had never seen one that was white!

So besides the one's that where still in there mothers womb you where one of the first children to do acid? LOL! (Just a joke man)

I was present at a new type of festival that had started in the early 1980's that we called a street party then. Greensboro North Carolina it was the City Stage event. Charley Daniel's was the head-liner but there was lot's of local act's too and a new guy named Mike Cross (The Bounty Hunter).

I was 16 or 17 years old, one of my older sister's and brother in-law took me. It was a free event that was put on by the City/County Art's Counsel.

Archived