Gibson Brands Forums

What Was The First Concert You Ever Attended?

ModalMood

Kansas was a waste of time? Geez, tough crowd. Though a decent enough song for top 40, Dust in the Wind wasn't remotely their best work because, like Rush and other marginalized bands, their best work wasn't "singles" material.

My first concert was Edgar Winter Group and Electric Light Orchestra in Junior High.

And speaking of "Junior High", what's that funny smell [confused] ?

I always like this one by them too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tRZoYNZ8Ik

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first concert I ever attended was at our local Uni when I was about 15 and in my first band.A group from Toronto named Neon Rose played and myself and my bandmates were absolutely amazed by the gear they had which appeared to be 50 ft. high to us.We only had little 5 W amps such as Silvertone,Beltone etc. and were using another 5 W amp for our 3 mics,so seeing all of their gear was like getting a glimpse of Heaven to us.The first big name band that I saw was Chilliwack who just had their first major hit "Lonesome Mary" and were doing a Canada-wide tour to promote the album.Although "Lonesome Mary" was a hit in Newfoundland too,the most popular song here by them was the beautiful song "Rosie" where Eric Anderson does one of the most incredible and soulful lead breaks that I ever heard before or since and it was all done on an ancient double cut,2 pup, Les Paul Jr.The song had a tremendous Leslie drenched B-3 in it too.

Robin Trower at the Masonic Temple (a small classy theatre venue) in Detroit around 1973. I think it was while Bridge of Sighs was popular and he was getting ready to release For Earth Below. Awesome concert, was on the main floor about the 12th row.

With Dio, yeah?

yeah - pretty much the "Live Evil" set..

Saw Ozzy with RR later that year too..... on the Diary of a Madman Tour I believe.. both rocked in a way that most bands today would struggle to understand...

Archived