Gibson Brands Forums

NDG J45 TV

SurfingWombat

These are beautiful guitars. Looks like you got a great one! I was quite happy with the VOS finish on mine while I had it. Do you plan to leave it on yours or buff it out? Play it in good health!

Thanks guys.

I like the VOS Finish... it feels so smooth! :) The madagascar rosewood fingerboard looks pretty cool it has a touch of bloodred in it! :P I am also happy ...because it has no laminated bridge or fingerboard. I prefer it visually!

Headstock :

dsc0007aiv.jpg

Naaah. Bought it this way. Looks like the prior owner upgraded to a Greven? I love the finish on yours. Mine is glossy... but the tone of these things is really special. Mine has a sitka top and not red spruce.

I sold my Gibson Sheryl Crow earlier this year and have regretted it. That will not happen with this J45!

I described the tone over the weekend on another forum... Where my old HD-28 sounds like a broadway smooth singer singing like Phantom or something, this guitar sounds like the same singer, but with 20 years of smoking and bourbon as an overlay :)

Naaah. Bought it this way. Looks like the prior owner upgraded to a Greven? I love the finish on yours. Mine is glossy... but the tone of these things is really special. Mine has a sitka top and not red spruce.

I sold my Gibson Sheryl Crow earlier this year and have regretted it. That will not happen with this J45!

Alright keep it looks like a very cool J45. See you have a Martin D-15 too...like those. I have the small one 00-15m!

I thought the economy sucked. Wassup with all the NGD's?

The economy is improving ..... remember Gibson is starting a second shift in Bozeman (OR EVERYONE IS GETTING THEIR'S BEFORE THE WORLD GOES TO HELL). You decide but it's nice to see all the Gibsons and Martins getting bought up on the new and used market. I know of some nice used instruments that have been hanging on the walls for a while in the small shops here.

I thought the economy sucked. Wassup with all the NGD's?

If everyone quit buying then there would be no economy at all. I know I'm doing my part to improve the economy! And I am glad to see all these Gibson's being bought! Everyone, go forth and buy a guitar! That will improve the economy.

Archived