Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

jannusguy2

Man, that's beautiful.

Is that the G/A 1937? . What a killer spec list.

Great choice, congrats. . B)

Is this the one that worried you over the shipping schedule? . It must've come through good, I see you didn't post any concerns.

Man, that's beautiful.

Is that the G/A 1937? . What a killer spec list.

Great choice, congrats. . B)

Is this the one that worried you over the shipping schedule? . It must've come through good, I see you didn't post any concerns.

This is the same spec as the Golden Era except it has Madagascar RW headstock overlay rather than Brazilian. Easier to ship out of the country I imagine. Came through with flying colors in spite of sitting in a trailer over the weekend.

hope that's not a satisfaction indicator that's on the screen in the pic....... :D

Har! No, satisfaction level is 100% except for the dealer leaving old corroded strings on it. You'd think they put a fresh set of wires on it before sending it off to its new home. When I sell a guitar, I usually include a new set of strings in the deal. Other than that, no complaints.

Convincing little big guitar - looks very good. I'm fond of the guard, , , crazy about the tuners.

Yes, this one had all the appointments I was looking for. The tortise guard, open back nickel Gotoh tuners, Adi top, 1 3/4 nut, 24.9" scale. Real vintage appeal with a warranty and for a lot less money than a 40 or 50 yr. old version. I had a '52 for awhile that traded on a vintage D18. Took a bit of a haircut on the trade value but the D18 is just great so, all good. This guitar has just wonderful tone. I'd venture to say it sounds better than my "52 did.

I have a very low key playing style but if I start hitting that hard i will evaluate. Meantime, in the quiet of my hacienda, it fills the space around me quite nicely. It def sounds better and different than my 1952 version. Much greater frequency range. I like it!

I am a pretty aggressive player. But all in all I do gotta say after being Martin-less for a whole lotta decades that 1957 00-18 I snagged has really got me in one of those what was I thinking all those years frames of mind. Maybe I should have spent some time with them instead of centering on putzing around with dreads.

Archived