Gibson Brands Forums

ACDC, Kiss and Rush

Rabs

So ive never heard about this... Heres a clip of Bon Scott talking about a tour and I looked it up and they did open for them in 1977.. Kaleb, that would have been your perfect gig :)

I've seen that vid before. Bon was so intelligent and gifted (especially compared to the rest of the AC/DC gang. No offense to them, however. They're talented as well, obviously, but Bon was brilliant in a different way IMHO), it's such a shame that he had to go so soon. He's up there in playing in a hot supergroup: Himself on lead vocals, Gary Moore on guitar, Bonzo on the skins, John Entwistle on bass, and Jon Lord on the keys!

Hmmmn, AC/DC with Bon Scott, the little ol' band from Canada (my nickname for Rush!), and the hottest band in the land? That rules!

I think he also mentioned U.F.O. Even better!

Throw in the original Van Halen, Dokken, original Pat Travers Band (w. Pat Thrall), Robin Trower Group, Mahogany Rush, Scorpions, Ozzy w. Randy Rhoads, Thin Lizzy (either Robertson/Gorham, Moore/Gorham, or Sykes/Gorham), Gary Moore solo, Y&T, Zeppelin, Tesla, original Ratt, and Mr. Big, and it would be my dream festival!

Christ sake, you gave a fat man more cake.

What's that supposed to mean? [sneaky]:rolleyes:

As much as I love KISS and Rush, the thing to behold here is to listen to Bon speak.

For straight-ahead blues-based balls-to-the-wall rock n' roll, you can't beat the album If You Want Blood (You've Got It), or any 70's AC/DC IHMO.

I can be in any mood and listen to AC/DC. Same goes for Van Halen and early Zeppelin (as in Zeppelin I and II).

I have to be in a certain mood for bluesey stuff. I have to be in a certain mood for KISS/Ace Frehley and Rush. The same goes for anything else.

I've seen that vid before. Bon was so intelligent and gifted (especially compared to the rest of the AC/DC gang. No offense to them, however. They're talented as well, obviously, but Bon was brilliant in a different way IMHO), it's such a shame that he had to go so soon. He's up there in playing in a hot supergroup: Himself on lead vocals, Gary Moore on guitar, Bonzo on the skins, John Entwistle on bass, and Jon Lord on the keys!

Hmmmn, AC/DC with Bon Scott, the little ol' band from Canada (my nickname for Rush!), and the hottest band in the land? That rules!

I think he also mentioned U.F.O. Even better!

Throw in the original Van Halen, Dokken, original Pat Travers Band (w. Pat Thrall), Robin Trower Group, Mahogany Rush, Scorpions, Ozzy w. Randy Rhoads, Thin Lizzy (either Robertson/Gorham, Moore/Gorham, or Sykes/Gorham), Gary Moore solo, Y&T, Zeppelin, Tesla, original Ratt, and Mr. Big, and it would be my dream festival!

You forgot Hendrix!!! and Buddy Holly,, and i also would have loved to jam with Angus Young dude

You forgot Hendrix!!! and Buddy Holly,, and i also would have loved to jam with Angus Young dude

I didn't forget Hendrix....He simply doesn't fit....

I put him with Eric Johnson, Cream, and Joe Satriani....

Now, Buddy Holly...Not exactly heavy rock there....

Who said anything about jamming? I was talking about going to the greatest rock festival my mind can conjure up!

come on Kaleb, you would love 2 c me jam with Angus and malcolm :D

Well, it would be somethin'.....

I'd pay to see Ang and Mal jam with some of my other heroes!

Angus and Malcolm meet Pat Travers and Pat Thrall!

Archived