Gibson Brands Forums

guitar necessities

Jerry K

-One of each body style such as 00, 000, round dread, square dread, jumbo, other

-examples of 12 and 14 fret, long and short scale, different nut and bridge widths, larger and smaller fretboard radius

-different species, like rosewood, mahogany, maple, etc

-One of each body style such as 00, 000, round dread, square dread, jumbo, other

-examples of 12 and 14 fret, long and short scale, different nut and bridge widths, larger and smaller fretboard radius

Now I know why you need/want a harem: one blonde, petite; one blonde, boxom; one brunette, tall; etc, etc, etc.

So many guitars; so little time on this earth!!!

Another way people go is having guitars for certain purposes and this can be interwoven with some of the above criteria:

-couch guitar

-recording

-gigging

or

-rhythm

-leads

etc

Some of us (not me, of course)have even bought guitars based on hearing a single song......

Different tunings..different strings...

I got the idea Id like to get a Lowden specifically to put Pure Nickle Strings on it just like the old days..

Since new guitars are not as light & responsive as they were way back then..it should be a Lowden.

Ah how the mind plays tricks.

Hey Jerry...you're merging our threads. Bet I'm older AND more adolescent than you. Who among us doesn't love wading in a pool full of guitars?

Right. I actually have a couple of those. Forgot. You can tell how often I play them!

LOL!

It's a gotta have item for me, I use mine frequently - I love the tone/sound that you can only get from one of them.

and no body mentioned a classical w/Nylon strings?

What's up with that?

Well, I've got a nice one: Prisloe Pavan. Spanish cedar top, rosewood b&s, ebony board and bridge. Too bad it mostly sits in the case. So many guitars, so little time to play....

In one of my future lives, I want to come back as Tom Jobim...

Well, I've got a nice one: Prisloe Pavan. Spanish cedar top, rosewood b&s, ebony board and bridge. Too bad it mostly sits in the case. So many guitars, so little time to play....

In one of my future lives, I want to come back as Tom Jobim...

[/quote

...or as Ana Vidovic's claasical guitar student...and boyfriend.

Archived