Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio???

BillyBusic

Hi All,

Just bought this Les and am confused. Do you think this is a Junior or Special that has the truss cover replaced? S/N is 00660560.post-45948-082760400 1343768019_thumb.jpeg

Thats a Les Paul Double Cut Special.. (yes it gets a bit confusing :))..

Often the Juniors only have one pickup..

It also doesnt help matters when they start making even more confusing model names.. like the new Les Paul Junior Special (even though I do like the look of them :))

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Junior-Special-P90.aspx

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Junior-Special-Humbucker.aspx

Hi All,

Just bought this Les and am confused. Do you think this is a Junior or Special that has the truss cover replaced? S/N is 00660560.post-45948-082760400 1343768019_thumb.jpeg

Actually looking into it, they did seem to make a Double Cut Studio Special lol... just to confuse us more..

Best thing to do is email the serial number to Gibson Customer Service.. They will tell you the model and date it was made :)

Aw man. Those DC Specials with P90's were sweet. That's a great guitar. Yea, someone just put the 'Studio' truss rod cover on there. I believe the originals were just black with a small white rim. No biggie. I think it looks cool.

Aw man. Those DC Specials with P90's were sweet. That's a great guitar. Yea, someone just put the 'Studio' truss rod cover on there. I believe the originals were just black with a small white rim. No biggie. I think it looks cool.

Its a strange one what they do with the small details on the same models.. I once had two LP DC Special Fadeds. The reason I had two was that I was doing one up that I had bought cheap and came across the last knew one available so bought it just in case I totally mucked the older one up.

Anyway, even though they were the same model, one was from 2005 and one was a 2009... And the 2009 has Special on the TRC and the Gibson logo is different. The 2009 one the dot on the i isnt leaninig over, but the 2005 one it is..

I did have a look around the net too and it does seem that there was a DC Studio done at one point.. So its hard to say really..

Either way as you say they are great guitars... [thumbup]

Well, small mystery solved. Gibson says that this is a Les Paul Junior Lite. Mfg in March of 2000, it has P-100 instead of 90's, which is a little disappointing to me as I know what P90's are but haven't heard that many good things on the 100's. It gets here tomorrow, so I guess I'll know soon enough.

Well, small mystery solved. Gibson says that this is a Les Paul Junior Lite. Mfg in March of 2000, it has P-100 instead of 90's, which is a little disappointing to me as I know what P90's are but haven't heard that many good things on the 100's. It gets here tomorrow, so I guess I'll know soon enough.

Haha... so we were all wrong... Just shows you how complicated it is :)

Archived