Gibson Brands Forums

Brag and Rate Your Best Local Mom & Pop Gibson shop

Dave F

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the start of the hard feelings. The reason Elderly is no longer a Gibson dealer is far darker than that. ...

Well, as I'm sure you know, Stan tells it differently. In his version, the problem was not that Elderly stocked the Chinese banjos, but that he compared them to Gibsons in the catalog, saying that they were similar, but the rip-offs cost thousands less. Henry complained. Stan changed the ad, satisfying the letter of the complaint, but in a way calculated to piss Henry off even more. He succeeded. Etc. The weird thing about this version is that Stan still comes off as the bad guy. He just wants you to think that Henry was motivated by anger rather than any real business consideration.

No matter who you believe, seems to me that neither of the two behaved like a mature adult, capable of keeping his temper under control when it was in the best interest of his business to do so. And so the lesson is probably that you don't want either one as an enemy.

-- Bob R

No matter who you believe, seems to me that neither of the two behaved like a mature adult, capable of keeping his temper under control when it was in the best interest of his business to do so. And so the lesson is probably that you don't want either one as an enemy.

-- Bob R

Bob, there seems to be a lot of that goin' around.......

I don't set out to make enemies--life is too short-- but the ones I have, I've generally earned.

Archived