Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!!

Tman5293

As some of you may know, I'm currently in southern California. Today I went on the Fender factory tour. After the tour, we went back to the visitor center/show room. Every guitar on the floor was 20% off. So I found this beautiful American standard strat with the three tone sunburst finish. I sat down and played it a little bit and it was a really nice guitar that played as good as any other strat. But I didn't get that guitar. I saw the build it yourself room while I was playing and put the strat down and took a look in the room. One thing led to another and I ended up building my own sunburst strat with a maple neck, black pick guard, and n3 noiseless pickups. The guitar will have my name and the build date carved into the pick guard as well as engraved on the neck plate. It is by far the most expensive guitar I've ever bought coming in at just short of $1900. They took all the parts I picked and sent them over to the factory for final assembly and the guitar should be at my door in approximately two weeks. I can't wait for it to arrive! I had eight different sunburst bodies to choose from and they all had their own grain patterns. It was a hard choice but I finally went with one that had waves in the grain. Same thing with the neck, a lot to choose from and a hard choice to make.

I'll update this thread with pictures when it arrives.

I would hide in a secret place and play them in a 1000% soundproof room

I can see it in the headlines now...

"Aussie teeenager steals assorted Fender Stratocaster guitars from the Fender factory in Corona, CA. Local Police found the culprit in an abandoned parking garage playing a rendition of Jimi Hendrix's classic, "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)". He tried to lamb, but they cheesed him!" (first one to post where I got that from gets a plus!)

I can see it in the headlines now...

"Aussie teeenager steals assorted Fender Stratocaster guitars from the Fender factory in Corona, CA. Local Police found the culprit in an abandoned parking garage playing a rendition of Jimi Hendrix's classic, "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)". He tried to lamb, but they cheesed him!" (first one to post where I got that from gets a plus!)

Lemme guess, you made it up in your head, but i too can see it in the headlines, but i would set the place with high maximum security so i can keep on rocking at high volumes

Wow very cool... I wish Gibson would do that...

I would think it would be kinda difficult, considering most if not all Gibsons these days are set-neck guitars. With bolt-on's you can just swap necks and bodies until you find the one you like. You can't exactly glue in a set neck in under a minute, try it out then unglue it. And building a custom guitar like that without feeling the neck While it's attached to the body is like buying a car without turning it on.

Lemme guess, you made it up in your head, but i too can see it in the headlines, but i would set the place with high maximum security so i can keep on rocking at high volumes

No, I got it from "The Little Kicks" episode of Seinfeld. Kramer says it to Jerry when talking about George trying to bootleg a movie to impress a woman (he thought he was a basa$$) and the police caught him......Do you get Seinfeld over in Australia? Or is there some other version?

Buxom is right, the TSA cavity searches everyone...:unsure:

And in every place....[scared]

Archived