Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!!

Tman5293

Nice thread steal guys. You know they have private messages where you can have your random conversations right?

Sorry....Did you get a kick out of it though?

Hmnn, I'm going to LA next summer. Maybe I should get a guitar built?

I'm almost certain I won't have the dough, though....[sad]

Sorry....Did you get a kick out of it though?

Hmnn, I'm going to LA next summer. Maybe I should get a guitar built?

I'm almost certain I won't have the dough, though....[sad]

Building you're own guitar is rather expensive. You can build anything you want though. They had all the different bodies, not just strats and teles. They also do build your own bass in the same room. If you do build a guitar, beware the non-standard color bodies. There was a strat body that I was looking at that had a sort of tiger stripe finish to it. I put it down as soon as the guy said that it was a $500 up charge to get a body with that finish.

For anyone that's interested, here's the website for the Fender visitor center: http://www.fender.com/visitorcenter

hehe, i sure did get a kick out of it, but i reckon fender should lower their prices or i will step in as CEO

Not to be rude, but your CEO comments are getting old....Plus, you wouldn't wanna get mixed up in the corporate game....Either you'd turn into one of them or you'd run it to the dump....

Ah, maybe I should shut the @#$% up, considering all the posts/threads I spoiled with my comments about KISS, Ace Frehley, and Rush.....

Yes, I'm finally admitting to the crime....So don't hold it against me!

hehe, i sure did get a kick out of it, but i reckon fender should lower their prices or i will step in as CEO

Not to be rude, but your CEO comments are getting old....Plus, you wouldn't wanna get mixed up in the corporate game....Either you'd turn into one of them or you'd run it to the dump....

Ah, maybe I should shut the @#$% up, considering all the posts/threads I spoiled with my comments about KISS, Ace Frehley, and Rush.....

Yes, I'm finally admitting to the crime....So don't hold it against me!

WEll in fact kaleb i would lower the price by 1 percent or just introduce new squier and fender models for example, the Fenderguy1 signature strat, based off my 2007 Squier Affinity, but with the Fender name on it, starting at $1500 retail

Placentia which is in Orange County. I'm usually in Anaheim or Fullerton though

I used to live in that area. I know it well. Spent a lot of time in Anaheim. I would definitely recommend doing a build it yourself, assuming you have the cash for it. You may have to ask them about Jazzmaster parts though since it didn't look like they had a whole lot of them in the build room.

Congrats on your new Strat Tman,I wasn`t aware that Fender provided that service and for that price that`s a fantastic bargain.You are getting what is almost along the lines of a Custom Shop Strat except for considerably less in price.When your guitar arrives you`ll no doubt be holding a guitar made to your build specs and it should fit like a glove right out of the box.I`m sure that this will end up being your life-long companion,Enjoy!!!

BTW: Thread robbers are obviously so self absorbed that they figure what they have to say is much more important than the topic at hand and they also have a very large sense of entitlement which makes them feel that they should receive special treatment.This also could be the type of person who would record very amateur videos of themselves trying to play a difficult song and failing miserably, yet they would expect others to say that they are truly gifted and most certainly a prodigy.The nerve of some people is scary.

Congrats on your new Strat Tman,I wasn`t aware that Fender provided that service and for that price that`s a fantastic bargain.You are getting what is almost along the lines of a Custom Shop Strat except for considerably less in price.When your guitar arrives you`ll no doubt be holding a guitar made to your build specs and it should fit like a glove right out of the box.I`m sure that this will end up being your life-long companion,Enjoy!!!

BTW: Thread robbers are obviously so self absorbed that they figure what they have to say is much more important than the topic at hand and they also have a very large sense of entitlement which makes them feel that they should receive special treatment.This also could be the type of person who would record very amateur videos of themselves trying to play a difficult song and failing miserably, yet they would expect others to say that they are truly gifted and most certainly a prodigy.The nerve of some people is scary.

The only thing makes it a non custom shop guitar is that custom shop parts are not available on build it yourself guitars. I asked them if I could put custom shop hand wound pickups in my guitar and they said no. The guitar is also not assembled by the custom shop.

The only thing makes it a non custom shop guitar is that custom shop parts are not available on build it yourself guitars. I asked them if I could put custom shop hand wound pickups in my guitar and they said no. The guitar is also not assembled by the custom shop.

That sucks. Will they install aftermarket pickups? (Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, EMG, etc) Lace Sensors? I know they won't do boutique pickups.

The one who @#$%n pays for the damn thing should get the @#$%n parts they want as long as it's reasonable.

For example, you should be able to get a custom HSS Strat with a Floyd, two CS pickups in the neck/middle positions, and a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the back position.

Now, obviously they won't make a Tele with Suhr Doug Aldrich humbuckers and an Ibanez Edge vibrato or the Washburn Wonderbar, but that's not reasonable, the above is.

I used to live in that area. I know it well. Spent a lot of time in Anaheim. I would definitely recommend doing a build it yourself, assuming you have the cash for it. You may have to ask them about Jazzmaster parts though since it didn't look like they had a whole lot of them in the build room.

It's a small world huh?

The custom guitar is pretty far off for me right now, but it's pretty cool knowing that option is available. I'd really just like a nice Daphne blue Jazzmaster with a neck that I get to pick out

That sucks. Will they install aftermarket pickups? (Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, EMG, etc) Lace Sensors? I know they won't do boutique pickups.

The one who @#$%n pays for the damn thing should get the @#$%n parts they want as long as it's reasonable.

For example, you should be able to get a custom HSS Strat with a Floyd, two CS pickups in the neck/middle positions, and a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the back position.

Now, obviously they won't make a Tele with Suhr Doug Aldrich humbuckers and an Ibanez Edge vibrato or the Washburn Wonderbar, but that's not reasonable, the above is.

They wont install aftermarket parts. The pickups have to be fender pickups. They will only install what is available to them right there at the factory.

I also thought I might add something else that I just remembered. The Gretsch custom shop is in the factory and many Jackson guitars are also made in the Fender factory. I had no idea that Fender owned either of those companies.

Sounds like a terrific way to personalise a Fender...very astute of them to offer this relatively straightforward option [thumbup]

And not at a phenomenal price either [thumbup]

I seem to remember Eric Clapton used to mix'n match his Strats back in the day...

V

:-({|=

They wont install aftermarket parts. The pickups have to be fender pickups. They will only install what is available to them right there at the factory.

I also thought I might add something else that I just remembered. The Gretsch custom shop is in the factory and many Jackson guitars are also made in the Fender factory. I had no idea that Fender owned either of those companies.

That's reasonable. I'd just tell them to install whatever because I'd swap them for some Seymour Duncan or boutique Strat pickups, or, if I was in my shred mood, DiMarzio HS-3s!

Fender owns Gretsch, Guild, Tacoma, Jackson/Charvel, EVH (as in his line of equipment...), SWR amps, and Kamen, which owns Hamer, Ovation, Takamine, and Sabian. They used to own Sunn amps.

All Gretsches except for the custom shop ones are made in Asia. Guild and Tacoma have their own facilities. USA Jackson, USA Charvel, and USA EVH instruments are made in the Corona factory.

Congrats on the new Strat, waiting for pics.

Referencing the Gibson post; Gibson could have a room where you choose your body style, finish, neck style, pick-ups, hardware, binding, pick guard or not, then send your specs to the shop and you get the guitar in what... 6-months? Isn't that what the Custom Shop does?

Taking it one step further, they could have several guitars with various configuration's that you could actually play to get the feel.

Hi Tman,did you ever consider the Fender '62 pickups? They are absolutely wicked and I have heard that there is nothing that can compare to them as they were patterned after the pickups on the 60s "L" Series Strats- I saw that on a recent survey found on the Fender Forum and they were voted for hands down to be the replacement pickup of choce.To get an idea of what an "L" series Strat sounds like all you have to do is listen to Jimi's first 2 albums and especially songs like "The Wind Cries Mary" "One Rainy Wish" and "May This Be Love".I have a '65 Stat and I know how sweet the L series pups sound-the '62 pups retail for about $150 a set the last time I checked. The Tex-Mex pups are extremely close to the '62s in sound but are a tad brighter sounding,if that is more to your liking.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been more than two weeks now and I've still heard no word from Fender about my Strat. I sure hope they call soon. I've already ordered and received and custom sunburst strap from Couch Guitar Straps that I picked out specifically for this guitar.

I called Fender yesterday to find out what the status was on my Strat. Turns out that the guy that's supposed to be building it is on vacation and wont be back until Tuesday. He also just happens to be the only guy there that would know anything about the status of my order. So far, I've gotten terrible customer service from Fender. If I don't get my guitar within the next week they are going to receive a very nasty call from me. msp_thumbdn.gif

Archived