Gibson Brands Forums

Jack Bruce w/J200

57classic

Madness...

After digging on them after the Goodby Cream thing I somehow came into possesion of his solo album..one of the early ones,maybe 1971.

What a strange collection of songs.

I kinda liked em but wouldnt play it to friends thats for sure..the 12 year old crowd would not have understood

Madness...

After digging on them after the Goodby Cream thing I somehow came into possesion of his solo album..one of the early ones,maybe 1971.

What a strange collection of songs.

I kinda liked em but wouldnt play it to friends thats for sure..the 12 year old crowd would not have understood

Songs for a Tailor, perhaps? I like it.

We'll not see another like a whole bunch of artists from the 60's and 70's era unfortunately. I don't think there will ever be as prolific a time for the creation of "music with staying power", as during that time. Ever. Jessica Simpson? Please.

I know one thing, when I'm an 85y/o half-deaf codger, I'll still be putting on some Tull and Zeppelin from time to time. Imagine that. Sitting in a nursing home listening to Led Zeppelin [laugh] Now that's staying power.

Here, here [thumbup] well said!

For merseybeat: he plays piano, too

Thanks 57 : )

That was the album I remember the cover.

There were catchy things on that album that kept bringing me back to it but I was expecting some POWER.

Cause that Jack Bruce had a hell of a howl.

He & Ginger Baker were my favorites..I never went for that Clapton is great thing...though I like that 335/Marshall sound he used then.

The stuff they put out in a year & a half..what chemistry.

Thanks 57 : )

That was the album I remember the cover.

There were catchy things on that album that kept bringing me back to it but I was expecting some POWER.

Cause that Jack Bruce had a hell of a howl.

He & Ginger Baker were my favorites..I never went for that Clapton is great thing...though I like that 335/Marshall sound he used then.

The stuff they put out in a year & a half..what chemistry.

Great number. Ginger was a monster on this one. Re: Clapton, to say he isn't my favorite in this trio isn't a slight toward him. The other two set the bar pretty damned high. Can't think of a more aptly named band. Clapton's rig now sounds like a toy compared to the Cream days.

The incredibly talented Jack Bruce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvedFighsRA

Not sure if its what he says but..

"You asked me to a meeting, in a cottage in the snow."

"You gave me central heating,I cant forget the cold"

Reminds me of the only girl that actually asked ME out..

Allman Brothers Concert..then to her parents house...ech!

Cold experienece.

At the end parents dumped me off at bus stop where I froze for about an hour.

Not sure if its what he says but..

"You asked me to a meeting, in a cottage in the snow."

"You gave me central heating,I cant forget the cold"

Reminds me of the only girl that actually asked ME out..

Allman Brothers Concert..then to her parents house...ech!

Cold experienece.

At the end parents dumped me off at bus stop where I froze for about an hour.

[lol]

We'll not see another like a whole bunch of artists from the 60's and 70's era unfortunately. I don't think there will ever be as prolific a time for the creation of "music with staying power", as during that time. Ever. Jessica Simpson? Please.

I know one thing, when I'm an 85y/o half-deaf codger, I'll still be putting on some Tull and Zeppelin from time to time. Imagine that. Sitting in a nursing home listening to Led Zeppelin [laugh] Now that's staying power.

The sixties was a fabulously creative decade without a doubt. But I think there will be others. Music and people have a way of breaking through the commercial cloud--sometimes when it's least expected. A lot of the great music of the sixties was not on the pop charts. I do see a lot of acoustic music these days, and I think the current generation is bursting with talent. It's really a joy to watch and listen.

As far as the nursing home goes, I'll be there with you but probably listening to classic country and folk. Hey, now that we're the older generation, who's going to yell at us to turn the music down? Guess it won't matter since we won't be able to hear them anyway.

Archived