Gibson Brands Forums

Personality Quiz

zigzag

It says I am a Major 3rd.

What is really strange is that when I play, I RARELY play a Major 3rd. In fact, it is my least favorite note. Even when playing in a major key or a Major chord I usually don't like it when I hear it.

Maybe I don't like myself.

Diminished 7th

I dont even know what that is :P :)

A diminished seventh is a double flat seventh which is enharmonically equivalent to a major sixth or a root note and another note nine frets higher.

A diminished seventh is a double flat seventh which is enharmonically equivalent to a major sixth or a root note and another note nine frets higher.

Thanks... But that didnt really help lol Wooooshhhh right over my head :) I understand flats and sharps and minors and majors and thats about it (and even that I probably only understand the very basics) :P

Thanks... But that didnt really help lol Wooooshhhh right over my head :) I understand flats and sharps and minors and majors and thats about it (and even that I probably only understand the very basics) :P

Play an open E, then play the same string on the 9th fret, which would be C# or Db. It is the same interval as in the first two notes of the Star Trek theme song.

Dang. If that interval represents your personality, I wouldn't tell anyone. [scared][thumbup]

Interval Song Examples Chart

It is the same interval as in the first two notes of the Star Trek theme song.

I love Star Trek so am happy with that :) (and no im not a nerd who goes to the conventions and dresses up. I just love the TV show :))

Guest farnsbarns

Ha, you do all realize that this is a target measuring device to advertise dodgy degrees?

That aside..

Augmented 4th, Diminished 5th or the Devil's Intervil

[unsure][crying][glare]

Ha, you do all realize that this is a target measuring device to advertise dodgy degrees?

This was also a dodgy (read shifty) way for me to get those not interested in music theory to think about intervals. I've been taking lessons for a while, and even though intervals were one of the first things I learned, my instructor has taken me full circle to realize if I had paid more attention to their significance at first it would have made it easier to learn chord structure, to see intervals in scale patterns, to play while sight reading notation, and to hear extensions and alterations. I recommend to anyone learning scales that they see each interval in relation to the root in each pattern that they learn. Learning fret distances in those intervals is also most helpful. It will come in handy down the road.

Major 6th and Perfect 4th

You are a very chilled laid back person, and everyone enters this mood around you. You plan everything out in advance so little takes you by surprise. You are very strong, and do well by yourself, although you are always saddened to be alone.

So, start doing a few things on the spur of the moment. You may discover new exciting relationships, or activities that allow you shine out to others.

Archived