Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson FIrebird Custom Demo

JuanCarlosVejar

This is more a demo of his coaxial under saddle transducer and end-pin preamp than it is of the guitar. Its a rather confusing search for details.

Dan ,

but the guitar sounds really nice even through the pickup settings . I think the Firebird is kind of a "NEXT LEVEL" guitar . Alot of people who have played one here said they sounded awesome

JC

btw: whats the difference between a Firebird and a Dove ?

They both seem to be identical guitars with square shoulders, long scale, maple b/s and a tonne of bling ?

It's all a matter of "which bling is your thing?"

I like diamonds, you love pearls.......

Funny, I just re-checked that clip yesterday. Sounds good. Let me assure you who wonders, that this is a major maple guitar.

In fact it's on my wish list, but I'd have to do at least one sale before being able to move.

Even more funny – a seller phoned me yesterday nite and asked if I was still interested in his Firebird. We had a chat a agreed upon returning to the subject. Problem for me is that I'm not too keen on the looks, especially not his model. The one in the video is just about okay, but the one I have within reach is much too pale/red and have the little decal on the back of the headstock. With all those flames it simply gets too much for me.

Btw. Did you know it exists in a sunburst version as well. . . . There's one on the Bay as we speak.

EA - they are basically the same guitar. I don't know about recent Doves, but the neck on F.B. is slimmer than f.x. a 90's Dove. More like your H.B.

Then there is the CNC-issue. You know how Bozeman might like to make small changes - anyway it seems like it when comparing J-45's. The Firebird could be adjusted brace-wise. A theory based on the experience that the 4 F.B.'s I've tried are more bulls eye than my slightly boomey Dove. Don't know, that of course could be broken in age , , , but I am determined to find out.

The dice have to land right and I'll A/B the 2 for a period. Need to hear that F.B. with faded strings.

I have a Firebird and will NOT trade or sell this puppy. Almost did, but saw the errors of my ways. I have a Dove as well and can't tell you the difference in how they're made but there is a difference in tone. The Firebird seems to have sound of its own. Imagine a Dove meets a D-35 and has a kid. It almost sounds like a chorus is attached to it somehow. It really is a guitar you have to experience. The bling issue would be a mute point if you picked one up and played it. I am trying to score another one right now.

I have a Firebird and will NOT trade or sell this puppy. Almost did, but saw the errors of my ways. I have a Dove as well and can't tell you the difference in how they're made but there is a difference in tone. The Firebird seems to have sound of its own. Imagine a Dove meets a D-35 and has a kid. It almost sounds like a chorus is attached to it somehow. It really is a guitar you have to experience. The bling issue would be a mute point if you picked one up and played it. I am trying to score another one right now.

For me a very interesting post as I'm headed for a period of Dove/Firebird A/B'ing at some point.

Your Dove/D-35 description also waters my mill. I have a long time 35 relationship behind and would like to go one step further.

You're after another, , , !?

Why – apart from the fact you like the model.

Do yours have the decal ?

Welcome here, please tell us more, , , and share some pictures of it all.

My friends called mine a Gibson Martin hybrid. It has a bit of a Martin tone to it. Not sure how you explain it. More sustain than any guitar I've had. I need another

At the time I was buying and selling guitars like hot cakes. " looking for the one". The flame thing wasn't my thing but didnt really matter. The long scale is what got me. I wasn't comfortable with it. Which is odd because my sj200 is my go to guitar. Tone wise that guitar was the best dread I've had

Here are a few shots of mine.

And Yes, I am looking for another one. I really, really, really, want the cutaway version. Only seen one of them so far.

Is there a cutaway version !? , , , , post some more pictures as soon as you find that model please.

The ones above are good - a fine possibility to study the guitar close up.

And thanks for the p.m. answers. What surprises me is the fact that you pick the F.B. as the most maple-flavored. It kind of contradicts the D-35 statement, but if you say so. . .

Have you seen the cherryburst one on the Bay ?

Archived