Gibson Brands Forums

What I Hate by Merle Haggard

JuanCarlosVejar

Amen, J45. I tend to lean more to the right, but I've got a couple friends who are way-out-there on the right. As far out there as some of those on the left are for their side. I just can't find a lot of commom ground with any of them, left or right. Seems getting people to think before they open their mouths is a hard thing for some humans to learn. And it's pretty scary to wonder if they already are thinking before they say some of these things. [crying] Anyway, I like this kind of song. Makes me think.

Merle Haggard and Johnny Cash are two musicians who have the rare ability to tap into the emotions of common people and, especially, the downtrodden. "What I Hate" is a good example of this.

Thanks for posting.

MJ

A dummass is a dummass, and you have to make allowances for people trying to be humorous, but you really don't know what a good ol' boy is thinking until you're sharing a table and bs'ing at the hog roast. There are plenty of great pickers and artists that think Darwin is a bluegrass band. Evolution moves like a barge.

That's what's so sweet about this guitar and music thing. We can each play or watch/listen to the same thing and have different opinions on it, and all the opinions can be valid. [thumbup]

Yeah, it's kinda like a modern day elementary school phys ed class. There are no losers. Everyone gets a trophy for participating no matter how poor the performance.

That's what's so sweet about this guitar and music thing. We can each play or watch/listen to the same thing and have different opinions on it, and all the opinions can be valid. [thumbup]

That's wisdom in its purest form.

MJ

Archived