Gibson Brands Forums

paypal theft

emmonsh

Well i have been using paypal for a long time. Many sales and purchases.. today i check my bank statement and 2 charges on there. 1 thru paylpal. The other one wasnt Seems like they got my visa card number thru paypal.Reported card as stolen and fortuantely only for about a 100 together. screw paypal. done with them. talked to their fraud dpartment and working on it. Funny thing is doesnt show on my paypal site but it was thru payl. how the hell does that happen? no more for me.

The whole push the citizen to do things online compromises our interests & our freedom.

The American citizens main threat is not from terrorists..it is from big business which is working little by little to return the citizen to serfdom.

Aah, yes! Nothing like a good conspiracy theory - what? the government is innocent in this?

#-o

The whole push the citizen to do things online compromises our interests & our freedom.

The American citizens main threat is not from terrorists..it is from big business which is working little by little to return the citizen to serfdom.

Serfs can't afford to buy things, so this sounds a bit counterproductive if the big business provides goods or services for public consumption.

I've sold a couple of Gibsons on Craigs list .... listed as local and cash only. I recieved several hits that were obviously scam attempts. In each case they wanted my pay pal account number and my full name. Obviously I ignored them but how does that scam work?

Since the first of the year I've sold a few guitars on Ebay using PayPal. I was not comfortable giving them my bank account number and password but after checking it out found out that is they way they do it. Since PayPal protects from scamming buyers I did it and immediately changed my passwords minutes after PayPal confirmed everything. The thing I did not like was how they hold your money hostage giving only a certain amount a month unless you give them more personal credit information. I do not like it and I wasn't in a hurry for the money so just waited each month to pull it out ($6k). I would think the charge they assess and the initial personal info should be enough. Since then about every other month I get a scammer acting like PayPal.Com.Uk telling me there's a problem with my account and they need more info. I've reported and forwarded these to the paypal site as directed, but I still get them. There's definitely some kind of leak in their security.

Serfs can't afford to buy things, so this sounds a bit counterproductive if the big business provides goods or services for public consumption.

Yeah, NOW you are getting IT, Nick! Exactly, why we can,t afford 4 more years of B.Hussein O......

Yeah, NOW you are getting IT, Nick! Exactly, why we can,t afford 4 more years of B.Hussein O......

You're missing the point, Rod, but you always have.......

Now, stop injecting your politics into this forum!

Aah, yes! Nothing like a good conspiracy theory - what? the government is innocent in this?

#-o

Hand in hand in it..

Im thinking a futuristic serf as in the Matrix

"The future will be a technotronic control grid,governed by an elite,not subject to traditional values"

Written in 1970

Full essay at Jim Corr.com (of the Irish band The Corrs)

What Nick said. And, another thought for good measure: "It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln) Maybe you should write that paraphrased quote on your hand for quick reference.

Can't quite agree with that, in the past you had counterfeit bills, cheque frauds, bond fraud etc etc.. all the way down to telephone confidence scams, new technology rarely brings 'new' problems, it provides a new platform for an updated version of old problems.

I'll leave the "American citizen" paranoia stuff alone though..... seems the concept of 'global' hasn't reached us all yet.

It's not likely they got the card info from PayPal since PayPal doesn't reveal the credit card info to the seller. Most times things like this happen because a restaurant throws receipts in the trash and someone takes them and runs phone orders with them.

Can't quite agree with that, in the past you had counterfeit bills, cheque frauds, bond fraud etc etc.. all the way down to telephone confidence scams, new technology rarely brings 'new' problems, it provides a new platform for an updated version of old problems.

I'll leave the "American citizen" paranoia stuff alone though..... seems the concept of 'global' hasn't reached us all yet.

PM, go ahead admit it - you'll feel better once you do -you can't quite agree with anything on this forum.

all seriousness aside, I, for one, find your comment re paranoia insulting and patronizing, and your reference to some people not being as 'global' in their thinking as you several times more inappropriate than the negative comment about our President's record.

Silver medal goes to JGuy for a disproportionately heavy-handed response. Possibly you should write that nice quote on your hand this November. it may help you remember the political party of the author when you go to pull the lever.

Like it or not, politics affects every aspect of our lives. While most of us come here with the expectation certain subjects are not brought up, I think all of us come here expecting that responses to comments you strongly disagree with are done with respect.

Silver medal goes to JGuy for a disproportionately heavy-handed response. Possibly you should write that nice quote on your hand this November. it may help you remember the political party of the author when you go to pull the lever.

Sadly, Abe would have nothing in common with his party today. He'd be thoroughly embarrassed by them, I imagine. Your critique is duly noted and appropriately filed.

PM, go ahead admit it - you'll feel better once you do -you can't quite agree with anything on this forum.

I can't quite agree with that

all seriousness aside...

So this next bit isn't serious?

....I, for one, find your comment re paranoia insulting and patronizing, and your reference to some people not being as 'global' in their thinking as you several times more inappropriate than the negative comment about our President's record.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you meant 'all joking aside' and that the above was actually serious, if that's the case then your presidents record has little to worry about I suppose. If I'm more inappropriate than the knee-jerk commentary to his policy over a term he must be doing fine, I don't follow US politics too much, I'm more a Cross-border transaction regulations, tax and 'global' note custodians man. These are affected after the showbiz and hollywood part of your democratic process.

It's not likely they got the card info from PayPal since PayPal doesn't reveal the credit card info to the seller. Most times things like this happen because a restaurant throws receipts in the trash and someone takes them and runs phone orders with them.

sorry but it was 100% paypal. all 3 debits were paypal. hackers do get into paypal. paypal refunded every penny within hours. never used paypal at resturant. also to use paypal they need your paypal info too. Cant even be a merchant i used because they dont have my password. paypal does get hacked. just like accounts on ebay get hacked. happens. luckily everything is fine within 1 day. paypal fraud did their job.

As jdd707 mentioned, there is a definate PayPal scam thing going on with Craigslist listings. Its not the fault of Craigslist in any way, but each time I have put something up like a git within hours I get a " I'm buying today" offer using PayPal. Each time I get one, they go straight to the spammer list at Craigslist and a nasty message from me about their whore mama.

Political beliefs need to stay at home.

sorry but it was 100% paypal. all 3 debits were paypal. hackers do get into paypal. paypal refunded every penny within hours. never used paypal at resturant. also to use paypal they need your paypal info too. Cant even be a merchant i used because they dont have my password. paypal does get hacked. just like accounts on ebay get hacked. happens. luckily everything is fine within 1 day. paypal fraud did their job.

This has not happened to me but I'm pleased to know Paypal did the right thing. Reassuring at some level.

Ah. I thought you said your credit card had been used. Time to change your password I guess.

Ah. I thought you said your credit card had been used. Time to change your password I guess.

well my credit card was tied to my paypal. did show cc but also said paypal. yea paypal was super quick. told me 5 days to return money they had it back same day. changed password, email and cc.

Archived