Gibson Brands Forums

Here's an interesting guitar...

merseybeat1963

I'd really like to try those Z's - Harrisonscollection-.jpgin spite of the over happy bridges. . .

By the way, look at the Jumbo to the right between the 2 bigger Z's. It's the one he played at the Bangladesh concert. Can anyone tell the brand ?

I remember he played a jumbo in the Bangla Desh film.

The Bridge is like the V for Vendetta Guitar.

That house..man i love those kinds of houses.

One one trip to England about 2003 the tourist book recommended the town of Henly Upon Themes..we went there on a Sunday Jet lagged & there was like nothing to see nor do.

At the tourist information center the lady pretty confirmed theres like nothing to see except for the Reggatta event..

Then out of the blue, my wife says..didn't you once say George Harrison had his house here..the lady almost choked.

I spooned it out of her as they'd been detering people from going to that house ever since that guy got in and almost killed Mr. Harrison.

We walked up to the elaborate front gate,walked the outside of the property & hung out outside for the rest of the day just imagining the late Harrison flying out of that entrance in his Ferrari.

Hope they open the house to tours some day.

I remember he played a jumbo in the Bangla Desh film.

The Bridge is like the V for Vendetta Guitar.

Are you serious/certain ??

That house..man i love those kinds of houses.

One one trip to England about 2003 the tourist book recommended the town of Henly Upon Themes..we went there on a Sunday Jet lagged & there was like nothing to see nor do.

At the tourist information center the lady pretty confirmed theres like nothing to see except for the Reggatta event..

Then out of the blue, my wife says..didn't you once say George Harrison had his house here..the lady almost choked.

I spooned it out of her as they'd been detering people from going to that house ever since that guy got in and almost killed Mr. Harrison.

We walked up to the elaborate front gate,walked the outside of the property & hung out outside for the rest of the day just imagining the late Harrison flying out of that entrance in his Ferrari.

Hope they open the house to tours some day.

A magnificent place for sure. I know he took a verse off the wall of one of the building back in time. Wonder if there were any funny oldies stuff/instruments in the myriads of attics, galleries, hidden gangways, side-corridors, secret cabinets, cellars, dungeons and so forth inside, below and above those houses. The place was just, , , , very George hehe. . .

And what about the time he invited the British Ukulele Society home for garden-tea.

Thanks for your tale – I had the feeling you are a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to try those Z's - Harrisonscollection-.jpgin spite of the over happy bridges. . .

By the way, look at the Jumbo to the right between the 2 bigger Z's. It's the one he played at the Bangladesh concert. Can anyone tell the brand ?

Nice to see George smiling! [biggrin]

it's a shame that most of the musicians like George died to soon. Man, would it be cool to see him perform today at a benefit concert or for instance the Olympic games.

Did see the Who (what's left of them) perform a couple of years ago. Peter Townshend was funny and played great!

To be fair, they had a Paul McCartney tribute band playing at the opening of the Olympics, he even really looked like Paul McCartney and even claimed to be called Paul McCartney, but one earful was enough to remind you it was a tribute act.... for other Beatles related covers they had "Stratford's best Oasis tribute band" in the form of Beady Eye doing Wonderwall. Although there are better Beatles cover bands out there....

To be fair, they had a Paul McCartney tribute band playing at the opening of the Olympics, he even really looked like Paul McCartney and even claimed to be called Paul McCartney, but one earful was enough to remind you it was a tribute act.... for other Beatles related covers they had "Stratford's best Oasis tribute band" in the form of Beady Eye doing Wonderwall. Although there are better Beatles cover bands out there....

Yeah, I was wandering why they didn't invite noel gallagher to perform his song? Money related?

Yeah, I was wandering why they didn't invite noel gallagher to perform his song? Money related?

They did and he declined, so they booked Liam and Beady Eye.... amusingly enough he is quoted from a gig a couple of nights after the Olympics show as saying "Some of you might not be able to sing along to this, I sing it quite differently" in respinse to the hefty criticism Liams vocal rightly received and then of course the mention of Beady Eye being "stratfords best Oasis tribute band".

The Paul McCartney playback error at the opening ceremony has to be a bit of an 'ouch' though, he looked mortified to be caught out for playback, rightly so...... What is it with old rockstars that they start to look like old women. Every one of them...

...... What is it with old rockstars that they start to look like old women. Every one of them...

you know i thought same thing when i seen mccartney , i think the trimming of excess hair goes too far . no one wants dennis healy eyebrows , but , dont be pluckin with tweezers.

that and all the makeup of course :D

They did and he declined, so they booked Liam and Beady Eye.... amusingly enough he is quoted from a gig a couple of nights after the Olympics show as saying "Some of you might not be able to sing along to this, I sing it quite differently" in response to the hefty criticism Liams vocal rightly received and then of course the mention of Beady Eye being "stratfords best Oasis tribute band".

Aah didn't know that. Why did he decline? Singing at the Olympics could be a huge boost for him. His career is not all that at the moment (I can be mistaken)

Was it me or was the sound badly on television for all the music during the olympic show?

Aah didn't know that. Why did he decline? Singing at the Olympics could be a huge boost for him. His career is not all that at the moment (I can be mistaken)

Was it me or was the sound badly on television for all the music during the olympic show?

Noel Gallagher is many things, above a lot of that he's fairly in touch with what's cool on the scene and what's corporate, the Olympics is perceived to be very corporate and not all that rock n roll, in a bid to still appear relevant it seems a man who's in his later 40's decided to try to steer towards 'cool' by saying no... a fair few bands approached had the same attitude.

Perhaps it's a kickback from his association with New labour in the 90's and partying with Tony Blair who turned out to be a bit of a c-word in a lot of peoples eyes. Although their mnagement would say it was as simple as "Oasis are no longer together, both Noel and Liam were approached separately but it's wise not to have them on the same bill, fear of the "are they reuniting" type 'frenzy' " - or words to that effect.

It seems they asked Noel, he said no, they asked Liam he said yes, management said they asked both, no clrification on Liam being second choice will be admitted seeing as he's the one that actually ended up performing. So, we'll never likely know the actual events... Needless to say, but they're both fairly right about each other in their tweets and public spats.

I read an an article about this guitar less than a month ago, thanks to the vicoden I can't remember a da&* word, but I do remember that he (George) was pleased with it.

Must be at least as good as an Avalon..which is pretty darn good.

The look though could be a little offing for some..and the price.

Archived