Gibson Brands Forums

Here is $10,000.00 to spend anyway you want...

daveinspain

2 things...

1. you have to spend the money on guitars

2. There is no such thing as a vintage computer (unless it's one of those early computers that take up a whole room).

>made in the early 80s

>more than 25 years old

>not considered vintage

There are vintage home computers.

There is this cherry colored L4 in the shop near me...3k euro (3673 US $)

Then I want a Robert Johnson 1800 euro (2200 US $)

Then I want an ES-345 with bigsby. 3000 euro (3650 US $) for it without Bigsby

So now I spend 9523 US $... the rest is for the bigsby (I have no clue what that will cost)

When can I get that money?

Made in the 80s is not vintage, it's just old... Who told you anything more than 25 years old is vintage?

I go by the legality in my state. A vintage vehicle is anything 25 or older. A vintage record is anything 25 or older. Vintage furniture is anything 25 or older. It's a quarter of a century old, meaning it's outdated, parts normally aren't made for it, and it's becoming harder and harder to find. 10 years is just old in terms of technology, cars, furniture, etc. 25 is vintage.

EDIT: I'd also like to expand on this. I've got some 'old' game systems, but they're nowhere near vintage. I still see plenty of kids with Gamecubes and PS2s, but I have yet to see any other kids who have even touched an Atari 2600, 5200, or 7800, let alone own one. Then again, maybe I'm just a more privileged child, with access to a decent job, and VINTAGE game systems. Then again, maybe you're just missing the point and I'll be considered wrong because I'm only 16 and everyone knows that adults are never wrong.

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. Thanks for the great question Dave!

I'm pretty sure I'd get the three pickup Black Beauty with gold hardware and Bigsby. But after that it get's tough.

00064244.jpg

Maybe that Alex Lifeson axe Rocket was talking about.

Maybe one of these :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-custom-es-355-electric-guitar-with-bigsby

..and of course straps, straplocks, strings and such. If that's permissible with your gift money :D!!

Archived