Gibson Brands Forums

Martin D18e Retro Fishman F1 Aura Review

JuanCarlosVejar

I'm not particularly fond of this guitar's sound straight-mic'd, but I find the pickup sounds extremely electronic and unnatural. Some of the pre-sets are unbalanced. Others sound purely squawky, almost "synthesized", with little hint of a true acoustic sound.

Don't care for it at all.

I'm not particularly fond of this guitar's sound straight-mic'd, but I find the pickup sounds extremely electronic and unnatural. Some of the pre-sets are unbalanced. Others sound purely squawky, almost "synthesized", with little hint of a true acoustic sound.

Don't care for it at all.

yeah my thoughts exactly but I didn't want to be to hard on the thing .

JC

I have played a couple guitars with that pickup system... Not very intuitive.

My favorite Martin Model is the HD 28 V but it does not have anything on my Jackson Browne

JM

AH! So you're now part of the JB crowd. Gee, you must know somebody at the factory to get one of those.....

Hope you guys are prepared to make a run of JB's, as there to be an awful lot of GAS for them here.

AH! So you're now part of the JB crowd. Gee, you must know somebody at the factory to get one of those.....

Hope you guys are prepared to make a run of JB's, as there to be an awful lot of GAS for them here.

Have been for a long time! I may try to post a video for everyone at some point.

JM

I'm picking my JB up from the luthier 200 miles away on Tuesday. He called yesterday and said he experimented with the Trance Audio Amulet placements in 4 different locations, and had the other 4 luthiers in the shop weigh in on the best sound, and so now set them in the barge cement to cure for a couple days - called and said it sounds even better now, glued in. Can not wait, and will probably pee my pants the first time I get it plugged in. Got a Zoom camera thing, and figured out YouTube, I think, and will upload a sample of a hack (me) playing a really nice guitar in a few days. [biggrin]

I am not a big fan of this Fishman system / sound. I like my Fishman Rare Earth soundhole pickup better .

I thought this was pretty representative of how i find the Aura technology tone. Its not and never will be as good as a direct mike hook up, but it does take almost all the piezo quack out and probably deliver about 80% of the mike tone, which in my book is good enough !

I got a little confused as to what was going on, but the pickup on that thing sounded pretty good. Of course I'm not very experienced with pickups and plugging in acoustics. If I plug in I just grab the Les Paul :) I actually think it works well with singing when set to a nice clean tone.

Archived