Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone else not care about the olympics? (and overall sports)

Thundergod

I just don't find sports interesting at all... I don't watch them and I don't play them, when I was in school I dedicated most of my free time to guitar (and homework time too and studying time too) and maybe only 20% of it to sports... soccer is a big deal around here, I played that and also was captain of the local team of beach volley (no beaches in here, weird eh? but we practiced in a place specially built for that and went to beach tournaments, won a few). But once I graduated I just never played anything again... never. Most of my friends from school still play soccer (called football down here as it's played with your feet and they hit a ball) and all of them get together to watch stuff like the olympics, the FIFA world cup, and such things... I just can't stand them, I find them really boring and...

...I also believe they are as "fixed" as "professional wrestling".

I think I'd better invest my time in playing guitar than in doing sports.

Discuss

Not so much the Olympics, soccer, pro wrestling, swimming, etc. Hockey's alright.

"Quieter" sports like golf and pool I dig, but I have to be in the mood to watch them. Golf I don't mind playing.

I like to watch football, baseball, and basketball (college or pro). I like to play basketball, but I'm not a sporty guy at all.

Outdoor activities are a part of my lifestyle, as I love to hike, bike, raft, etc. I also consider drumming as a somewhat aerobic exercise.

MMA fights are cool, too. Beats pro wrestling by a long mile.

I like hockey, and baseball during the playoffs.

I don't really pay much attention to other stuff. I'll watch sports if it's on at a bar, or if I'm at some family thing, and it's on the tv.

I just don't find sports interesting at all... I just can't stand them, I find them really boring and...

Discuss

TG, you're just pissed because Bolivia didn't place an Olympic team in the llama dressage competition, and the women on the beach volley ball team don't wax.

1910-llamas.jpg

I like a Dodger game on a lazy weekend, but for the most part sports are boring. I also believe the way High School sports have come to emulate Pro Sports as instead of College Sports has become detrimental our society and the way it views confrontation.

I've been shot down for my 'Olympic farce' thread. But it really is. I'm not against sport. But these games are so expensive now and in Britain we already have the stadiums to cope with the games. But, as usual, it all had to go to London. Like everything else here.

Not so much. I do watch our local football team(Riders) here but that's about it. Have been watching them my whole life so it's kinda part of me.

And here in North America we call it football cuz 99% of the time it's in our hands..lol. Go figure.

The olympics, I check the medal standings every couple of days and see we how bad we are doing and then go about my business.

So no,, not much interest in sports in general. Sadly nowadays my physique represents my lack of exercise. Trying to do the treadmill every day now

cuz I'm 50 and I really should be moving more..lol.

I like football and baseball during the playoffs, I like to watch the occasional game and enjoy it, I attend live games once in a while. Hockey couple of time a year.

What drives me nuts is the guys that participate on fantasy leagues, know statistics by heart and watch ESPN exclusively.

I like football and baseball during the playoffs, I like to watch the occasional game and enjoy it, I attend live games once in a while. Hockey couple of time a year.

What drives me nuts is the guys that participate on fantasy leagues, know statistics by heart and watch ESPN exclusively.

But us knowing all of our favorite guitar player's solos note for note and every model and the history of the Les Paul probably drives them nuts so we're even [thumbup]

I dont know......

I've grown to appreciate ping-pong and badminton.... You need crazy reflexes for those two events [blink]

You've gotta admire the hard work those athletes put in..... The true definition of over achievers

I love sports. I used to watch stuff more on tv but not so much now. I liked the olympics when I was a kid because they had sports that you didn't see on tv. The olympics are ok now but they concentrate more on the "up close and personal" aspects of the broadcast rather than just televising the sports.

I played sports when I was a kid. Baseball, soccer, basketball. Did some snow ski racing.

I did some mountain bike racing here in the last ten years but it was too tough to keep it up.

Dont generally like sport at all.. never did.. I just find it really boring...

The ONLY thing I ever watch is the odd International Football (soccer :)) game in the world cup.... And it doesnt make a difference who wins but some of the games can actually be good watching teams like Spain, Brazil and Italy etc their skill level is just amazing

Archived