Gibson Brands Forums

Heard a cool new band today

surfpup

Heard these guys on the satellite radio today. Rarely do I hear something new

that really grabs me on the radio (even satellite) but this was pretty impressive.

Anyone else heard these guys? Have I just been missing out? Ima see what I can find

by them.

I like it and fully admit that I have a major soft spot for this style of mellow folky-country Americana if the melodies are there; and this song has them. Surf saying the magic word Jayhawks didn't hurt either. Hollywood Town Hall anyone?

If you dig this sound I recommend Canadian band Deep Dark Woods.

I like it and fully admit that I have a major soft spot for this style of mellow folky-country Americana if the melodies are there; and this song has them. Surf saying the magic word Jayhawks didn't hurt either. Hollywood Town Hall anyone?

If you dig this sound I recommend Canadian band Deep Dark Woods.

Yeah, I spent many years obsessed with Hollywood Town Hall. What a record! I tell you the first time I heard "Waiting for the Sun" on the radio I literally pulled off the road so that I could do nothing but listen. These guys have that sound even though they are LA (Laurel Canyon area) not Minneapolis. Then again maybe the Jayhawks never sounded like they were from Minneapolis.

I'll check out Deep Dark Woods. Thanks.

Archived