Gibson Brands Forums

Floyd rose pivot screws

Hardinger94

Hi i just bought a guitar with a licensed floyd rose made by jackson. and ive never had a guitar with a tremolo like this and i was wondering if the two pivot screws for adjusting the action, i saw somewhere that they should be the same height? But if you did that the low and high e strings would have to be the same height above the fretboard. anyone have any advise about what i should do. right now i have the pivot screw by the low e string much lower than the other pivot screw, and ive noticed that the knife edges are digging into the screw a bit on the one thats opposite the the one by the low e string.

Hi i just bought a guitar with a licensed floyd rose made by jackson. and ive never had a guitar with a tremolo like this and i was wondering if the two pivot screws for adjusting the action, i saw somewhere that they should be the same height? But if you did that the low and high e strings would have to be the same height above the fretboard. anyone have any advise about what i should do. right now i have the pivot screw by the low e string much lower than the other pivot screw, and ive noticed that the knife edges are digging into the screw a bit on the one thats opposite the the one by the low e string.

I would contact Floyd Rose if you can. The screws on all of mine are set just about even{height wise} And its been that way for almost 15 yrs,,and I have no problems with it since installed{I know a great guitar guy,lol} I love FR trems,,setup right,,new strings,lock it down and theres no way you can take it out of tune{barring,,, running over the axe with a pickup truck} Or maybe do a google on it and see what comes up,alot of vids out there of people fixing all kinds of stuff.

Archived