Gibson Brands Forums

NPD its been a long time coming

Rabs

I sold my Firebird Studio yesterday and then decided today it was time to go and get me something new to play with.

So nothing odd or old or new... But ive been after one of these for a while now... Im actually going to have a good look through the manual (for once :)) and then im going to have lots of looping fun [thumbup]

20120804_165446.jpg

20120804_165459.jpg

Nice addition! Curious, you just didn't like the Firebird?

Hmm, that was quite a strange thing.. I fell in love with it when I first saw it on the Gibson site and was mad for the coil taps and stuff... But alas after having it for 8 months it just wasnt getting enough play.. The neck is really flat aswell which even though I didnt hate it, I didnt love it either.. That shape also sits a bit oddly when standing or sitting and again I didnt hate it.. But you just know after a while if its going to be a keeper ot not and this wasnt.. oh well...

I hate having a guitar that doesnt get played as it deserves too.. The guy I sold it to, I delieverd it to his house as he wasnt far from me.. And he was so excited about it that I am more than happy that it seems to have found a good owner who will play it as it deserves :)

It was a beauty though and I loved looking at it. (also I really want one of those new Midtown Standards so am making room ;))

DSC01158-1.jpg

DSC01837.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

WOW that is a beauty!

Was it real neck heavy?

Actually not at all.. didnt have that issue (and ive experienced neck dive on an SG bass that was annoying to say the least :))

And the Firebird was like 9lbs, much heavier than you would think..

It is a great guitar.. Just not for me.. Im a Les Paul man through and through.. Ive tried a Strat and a few other guitars but nothing is as good as a Gibson LP for me :) (ive never tried a PRS though but have been thinking about it recently).

Ok ive been playing with it for the last few hours now (finger sting :)) and man this pedal is fun..

Takes a little getting used to.. but excellent for jamming with yourself and practicing lead playing... I just did a 12 bar blues thing and speant about an hour just playing over that.

Much fun to be had.. Certianly worth it [thumbup]

Right im off to find some battaries (me thinks some AC suppliers are in order :))

Ok ive been playing with it for the last few hours now (finger sting :)) and man this pedal is fun..

Takes a little getting used to.. but excellent for jamming with yourself and practicing lead playing... I just did a 12 bar blues thing and speant about an hour just playing over that.

Much fun to be had.. Certianly worth it [thumbup]

Right im off to find some battaries (me thinks some AC suppliers are in order :))

I got one of these about a month back, and I'm loving it. Definitely get the AC adapter, this thing eats through batteries in no time. I got the EH adapter (which is $10 cheaper than the Boss PSA adapter and does the same thing). I've been using it for a month consistently and I haven't even reached the 10th memory location. The drum beats aren't Amazing, but they make a good metronome at the least.

Here's two things I learned after purchasing. If you hold down the Tap Tempo button while you aren't recording/playing back or anything, you'll be able to select when it records. The stock setting starts recording the second you stomp the pedal. This shows up as "no" on the screen. The one I use is "Au" which automatically records as soon as you start playing (a lot easier IMO).

Also, if you hold down the Tap Tempo button while the Output isn't plugged in, then plug it in while still holding the Tap Tempo button, you can select the Order of operations. The default one is Record-Overdub-Playback. The other option is Record-Playback-Overdub. I use the latter, because it gives me more control. You record the first layer, listen to what it sounds like, and join in whenever you like.

Well, that's my thoughts/tips on the RC-3.

-Ryan

I got one of these about a month back, and I'm loving it. Definitely get the AC adapter, this thing eats through batteries in no time. I got the EH adapter (which is $10 cheaper than the Boss PSA adapter and does the same thing). I've been using it for a month consistently and I haven't even reached the 10th memory location. The drum beats aren't Amazing, but they make a good metronome at the least.

Here's two things I learned after purchasing. If you hold down the Tap Tempo button while you aren't recording/playing back or anything, you'll be able to select when it records. The stock setting starts recording the second you stomp the pedal. This shows up as "no" on the screen. The one I use is "Au" which automatically records as soon as you start playing (a lot easier IMO).

Also, if you hold down the Tap Tempo button while the Output isn't plugged in, then plug it in while still holding the Tap Tempo button, you can select the Order of operations. The default one is Record-Overdub-Playback. The other option is Record-Playback-Overdub. I use the latter, because it gives me more control. You record the first layer, listen to what it sounds like, and join in whenever you like.

Well, that's my thoughts/tips on the RC-3.

-Ryan

Wow thanks for that.. those are some good tips... especially the one about the funtion order, that was annoying me a little in my first session so I will try that for sure... Cheers :) [thumbup]

Wow thanks for that.. those are some good tips... especially the one about the funtion order, that was annoying me a little in my first session so I will try that for sure... Cheers :) [thumbup]

No problem, was just playing around with mine, making a little backing track in C# Locrian...

No problem, was just playing around with mine, making a little backing track in C# Locrian...

Sooo much fun isnt it... This is now the state of my fingers after my second two hour blues jam (first E A B then A D E)

This is now the state of my two main bending fingers lol (its worth any temporary pain for so much fun)

DSC01852.jpg

Sooo much fun isnt it... This is now the state of my fingers after my second two hour blues jam (first E A B then A D E)

This is now the state of my two main bending fingers lol (its worth any temporary pain for so much fun)

DSC01852.jpg

That's the state of my fingers after Every jam session :P But yeah it's fun as hell, and it's a great Writing tool as well, since you can overdub as many times as you want. You can effectively write an entire Song on it, if you have a bass guitar lying around, or something like the Morpheus Droptune.

Archived