Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: SJ

j45nick

Nick, I have to let you know that today I went on a 6 mile round trip hike which has a 2,000 foot vertical climb, and I thought about your new SJ all the way up and all the way down - for 4 1/2 hours. Feel like a ragdoll. Honestly, just thinking about this guitar kept me going. That's one powerful little piece of wood you have there.

Congrats on the SJ, Nick! Looks like a nice one. Thanks for confirming the nut/neck width dimensions. At first glance, that fingerboard looked like a carrier deck.. [thumbup]

Thanks, Rod. Yes, the fretboard is wide, but I'm adapting quickly.

And a vintage SJ like yours is still my long-term goal. But, "if you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with!" This one's still the right one, 'til the right one comes along.

gratz with the new guitar!

I wish there was a gibson shop near me so I could try out all those beauties. Now I just have to be satisfied with what they have. Comparing is difficult. Now I say I want a Robert Johnson, but I never played one, I never played any accoustic Gibson (I play my ES175 accoustic). Who know's what guitar I would buy if I could play a few models.

Archived