Gibson Brands Forums

Well now..... lookit what the cat dragged in !

Thermionik

Guest farnsbarns

Ahhh..... AXE, the artist formerly known as AXE®

You have no idea how I have missed that avatar of yours mate [flapper]

Still hanging in there it is.

I've nicked it and used it on another forum that I run, I thought it had an authoritative look to it!

Nice guitar man! I hope that sucker gets played! Not put on display (Don't get me started about collectors! When I get going, it's like Eddie Trunk and the Rock And Roll Hall Of Shame!).

I had a huge sigh of relief when I discovered it wasn't a thread about Poison.....

Thank you for that....

Bought to play, bought because she plays so nicely and feels so good in my hands. Been played hard for sixty years now, so it ain't gonna stop anytime soon..... I may put her down long enough to record or even video her, but I am in a hurry to play her for now - she took me nigh on two years of wheelin' and a-dealin' and sellin' my soul to the devil (well, some hard-nosed bankers..... same difference) after I first held her in my arms before I could bring her on home. And in twenty or so years I will be dead or unable to play her - so I ain't too concerned about posting vids and stuff..... yet <grin>.

And Chanman - hows that lovely axe of yours tastin' these days [flapper]

Bought to play, bought because she plays so nicely and feels so good in my hands. Been played hard for sixty years now, so it ain't gonna stop anytime soon..... I may put her down long enough to record or even video her, but I am in a hurry to play her for now - she took me nigh on two years of wheelin' and a-dealin' and sellin' my soul to the devil (well, some hard-nosed bankers..... same difference) after I first held her in my arms before I could bring her on home. And in twenty or so years I will be dead or unable to play her - so I ain't too concerned about posting vids and stuff..... yet <grin>.

Good! I don't see the point in buying guitars for collecting. Investment value, I guess, but I'm not that kind of guy. Any guitar no matter the vintage deserves to be played. So thank you for doing so!

Collectors drive me nuts. I'm sorry, but no Burst is worth 100,000+ dollars. The working musicians that actually play the damn things deserve a more reasonable price to get vintage guitars. While they're nice guitars, I believe the interest in old Les Pauls sparked because of Clapton, Page, Bloomfield, Green, Kossoff, etc. They played them, but they made them sound great. If the guitar player in Herman's Hermits played one, I'm sure guitar history would be different! (No offense to Herman's Hermit's...) Well, look at what Leslie West did for LP Jrs!

Not knockin' on Bursts in any way, however. They must have been good if all those greats took a liking to them. It's awesome that you found your baby! Every guitar player finds the "one" down the road.

Keep rockin'!

I had a huge sigh of relief when I discovered it wasn't a thread about Poison.....

You'd be surprised how many true hard rockers liked Poison in the 80's...as a guilty pleasure of course.

To this day we make (affectionate) Poison jokes in our Metal group of friends.

Looky here,man.... I ain't wiping the slobber off yer monitor.

Again.

She still tastes as good as she looks.

[biggrin]

***Edit***

Oh yeah, and

100_0549.jpg

You'd be surprised how many true hard rockers liked Poison in the 80's...as a guilty pleasure of course.

To this day we make (affectionate) Poison jokes in our Metal group of friends.

Yeah....I know of a few. I'd like them more if Bret Michaels wasn't such a..y'know. I think CC Deville is a great guitar player. They had a few good songs. They're just a little too "puffy" for me. I have the same feelings toward Bon Jovi. I respect Jon Bon Jovi, and Richie Sambora is a bada$$, but the music is too watered down.

KISS (at least with Ace) is my guilty pleasure so.....

Archived