Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson settles....

dhanners623

Nah, why bother. Jousting about this on a guitar forum is pointless. I'm not gonna change your mind and you're sure as hell not gonna change mine. I have all the Gibsons I will ever need or want and pretty much couldn't care less what happens at this point as it regards Henry or his company. And those would defend rapacious corporations at all costs, well good luck to you and I hope one day the consequences of your choices land on you like a ton of bricks. [biggrin]

Your choices are landing on everyone like a ton of bricks!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jannusguy2, political differences not withstanding, when this whole thing went down with the second raid you were one of the most outspoken here. You made clear your disgust of Gibson, their business practices, the ceo and pronounced them guilty. You said you were selling all your Gibsons except those built in the 50's. Last I checked, they still say Gibson. You then disappeared for some time. When you reappeared you not only still had your Gibsons but were buying new ones, even custom models. At that time, this case was still up in the air. I sent you a PM to inquire what changed your mind. I didn't want to confront you on the open forum and put you in an awkward position. I suspect I wasn't the only one who asked you. You declined to answer the question and I didn't bring it up again, until now.

Once again you go on at length acting as the final say who is honorable and who is scum. Perhaps I'm in no position to say, but your self righteous rants ring hollow. You didn't follow through with your pronouncement to get rid of your guitars, yet still support the company with purchases. You can try to have it both ways but anyone paying attention, even a little, has to take what you say with a grain of salt.

This whole thing became a political issue in our minds because Henry chose to present it as such. Whether this is actually a political persecution, or is simply a way for Henry to deflect attention away from questionable actions by the company, no one here is really qualified to answer. If you have not read the entire settlement agreement--not just Henry's public reaction in the Gibson press release-- I suggest that you do so, and then keep your opinions to yourselves as to what did or did not happen.

I suggest that we all stand down from this thread, since it seems to bring out the worst in many of us, and I don't exclude myself from that.

jannusguy2, political differences not withstanding, when this whole thing went down with the second raid you were one of the most outspoken here. You made clear your disgust of Gibson, their business practices, the ceo and pronounced them guilty. You said you were selling all your Gibsons except those built in the 50's. Last I checked, they still say Gibson. You then disappeared for some time. When you reappeared you not only still had your Gibsons but were buying new ones, even custom models. At that time, this case was still up in the air. I sent you a PM to inquire what changed your mind. I didn't want to confront you on the open forum and put you in an awkward position. I suspect I wasn't the only one who asked you. You declined to answer the question and I didn't bring it up again, until now.

Once again you go on at length acting as the final say who is honorable and who is scum. Perhaps I'm in no position to say, but your self righteous rants ring hollow. You didn't follow through with your pronouncement to get rid of your guitars, yet still support the company with purchases. You can try to have it both ways but anyone paying attention, even a little, has to take what you say with a grain of salt.

I love the guitars, I think the people who make them are artists and I support them. I don't like the CEO for the lame political tactics he used to try to redirect attention from what it turns out was ultimately his wrong doing. And, I can't stand the ignorance, stupidity and barely concealed racism of those who would fall into lockstep with the BS party line efforts to politicize this and somehow try to pin all this on our current President. Hope that clears up my position for you. Now feel free to F.O.

I love the guitars, I think the people who make them are artists and I support them. I don't like the CEO for the lame political tactics he used to try to redirect attention from what it turns out was ultimately his wrong doing. And, I can't stand the ignorance, stupidity and barely concealed racism of those who would fall into lockstep with the BS party line efforts to politicize this and somehow try to pin all this on our current President. Hope that clears up my position for you. Now feel free to F.O.

It's a shame you have to get hostile. I tried to make a civil comment. I don't take kindly to being called a racist. You aren't in any position to make such an accusation. I didn't make any reference to the President. Thanks for allowing me to Feel Optimistic.

It's a shame you have to get hostile. I tried to make a civil comment. I don't take kindly to being called a racist. You aren't in any position to make such an accusation. I didn't make any reference to the President. Thanks for allowing me to Feel Optimistic.

I wasn't referring to you. I have no idea what your political proclivities are. You just asked for clarification albeit in a bit of a snarky way but a fair request none the less. Glad you're feeling optimistic.

I am now convinced it is impossible to visit a forum without running into hostilities. To bad...

There are lots of people here with strong opinions, and sometimes those opinions get out ahead of thoughtful analysis and common courtesy. I'm not active in any other forum, but I doubt this one is worse than many others.

I've left, and come back......not because my opinions of anyone or anything have changed, but because I love these guitars too much to just walk away. Most of the time.

There are lots of people here with strong opinions, and sometimes those opinions get out ahead of thoughtful analysis and common courtesy. I'm not active in any other forum, but I doubt this one is worse than many others.

I've left, and come back......not because my opinions of anyone or anything have changed, but because I love these guitars too much to just walk away. Most of the time.

If you don,t have a strong opinion in this country today.... You are screwed with your own 'wank'... Another way of saying "F**king Yourself!

Because "they" will surely run over your *ss....

The mask is to protect the innocent whilst I'm put doing good deeds 40...

HAH ! Good One, PM.

If we can't all 'just get along' here based on a common interest in music ('Kumbaya' strikes a chord) I think we should try based on humor!

Hope you have a great weekend. 40yp.

I wasn't referring to you. I have no idea what your political proclivities are. You just asked for clarification albeit in a bit of a snarky way but a fair request none the less. Glad you're feeling optimistic.

So, then was it directed to me? If not, I think many here would like to know if was directed to them. For my edification, at least, please help me understand the reference: "Ignorant, stupid, barely concealed racism... BS lockstep party line attacking our current president." in terms of to whom it was directed. And, at the risk of sounding snarky, I'm optimistic you'll refer to something specific here on this thread that would support your claim. Thanks.

So, then was it directed to me? If not, I think many here would like to know if was directed to them. For my edification, at least, please help me understand the reference: "Ignorant, stupid, barely concealed racism... BS lockstep party line attacking our current president." in terms of to whom it was directed. And, at the risk of sounding snarky, I'm optimistic you'll refer to something specific here on this thread that would support your claim. Thanks.

I think I was pretty clear.

I think I was pretty clear.

jannusguy that racist remark was a new low. Even for you. You need to get back on your meds. I would call you a troll but that would be insulting to all the trolls out there. We all know what you are and no one will ever take you seriously. Do us all a favor and go away.

The U.S. government has laid this to rest and so has the management of Gibson. They acted like gentlemen. Maybe we should just step back from the edge and take a breath. No winners here. If this continues we will all be the losers.

jannusguy that racist remark was a new low. Even for you. You need to get back on your meds. I would call you a troll but that would be insulting to all the trolls out there. We all know what you are and no one will ever take you seriously. Do us all a favor and go away.

The U.S. government has laid this to rest and so has the management of Gibson. They acted like gentlemen. Maybe we should just step back from the edge and take a breath. No winners here. If this continues we will all be the losers.

hit a bit close to home?

Let me be clear about my remarks. And at some level it's unavoidably political as someone else mentioned in this thread. First of all, I called out no one by name as it regarded my racism comment. If an any individual took umbrage at it then I expect there's something inside that person that needs some self- exploration. Here's my bottom line: I probably never would have given this entire soap opera a second thought had Henry not politicized it with the "rally" he put together with the tea party types. When he did that it got my ire up mainly because I found it to be the act of someone who was willfully trying to obfuscate the issue and deflect blame. I had a strong hunch at the time that it was so much BS and I said so, here. i recall a lot of arguing and nuked threads about this back then, as well. Well, lo and behold, how did all this turn out? We all know the answer to that NOW, don't we. In the meantime, the Henry defenders, the anti-gov't types, etc. have felt free to slag the President and his administration as if he had singled out Gibson to be some kind of an example. We have had to endure the clever variations on the President's name , insults about his ancestry, questions about his legitimacy as an American, comparisons to the Gestapo and all manner of disrespectful, ignorant jabbering. This doesn't just come from a basic difference in political philosophy. I have an opinion as to where that comes from and I expressed it. As for who might have been the target of my comments, maybe it was one of you. Maybe it was more than one. I frankly don't remember or care. Whatever the case may be If the shoe fits, wear it. If not, well good on ya. I've said my piece and you've said yours. We all know where we stand, right?

And Hogeye, when I see moderator beside your name, I'll consider your demand that I leave. In the meantime, F.ind O.ptimism.

Nah, why bother. Jousting about this on a guitar forum is pointless. I'm not gonna change your mind and you're sure as hell not gonna change mine with your hackneyed, paranoid argument. I have all the Gibsons I will ever need or want and pretty much couldn't care less what happens at this point. And those would defend rapacious corporations at all costs, well good luck to you and I hope one day the consequences of your choices land on you like a ton of bricks. [biggrin]

I would MUCH rather deal with a rapacious corporation than a rapacious Government and may the ton of bricks come your way too.

Archived