Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

Kiwi

bildkh.jpg

bild1tn.jpg

So I just got a new amp, the Fender Greta. For those of you who don't know, it's a small, 2 watt tube amp from Fender's "Pawn Shop"-line and is kind of based on the same idea as the ZVex Nano Head. I was going to get an overdrive pedal first, but then figured that I could run one clean and one dirty amp in parallel instead (the Greta being dirty, as it breaks up rather quickly).

It's a pretty fun amp. The speaker is a bit farty, but it still sounds kind of raw and tough. Using the aux input, playing mono recordings of the Stones and Beatles through an iPod actually sounds way better that I'd hoped for!

A question for you in the know: I've been thinking about running the amp into my Epi Valve Junior cabinet simultaneously as running the Epiphone combo itself. E.g, I'd plug the Fender Greta into the 8 ohm jack and have the Epi in the 16 ohm jack (as it is now). The only thing keeping me from it is thinking that the internal resistance in each amp might get kind of messed up when running two different resistance tube amps into one speaker. And also the fact that tube amp have a way of dying without a speaker load. How do you reckon?

bildkh.jpg

bild1tn.jpg

So I just got a new amp, the Fender Greta. For those of you who don't know, it's a small, 2 watt tube amp from Fender's "Pawn Shop"-line and is kind of based on the same idea as the ZVex Nano Head. I was going to get an overdrive pedal first, but then figured that I could run one clean and one dirty amp in parallel instead (the Greta being dirty, as it breaks up rather quickly).

It's a pretty fun amp. The speaker is a bit farty, but it still sounds kind of raw and tough. Using the aux input, playing mono recordings of the Stones and Beatles through an iPod actually sounds way better that I'd hoped for!

A question for you in the know: I've been thinking about running the amp into my Epi Valve Junior cabinet simultaneously as running the Epiphone combo itself. E.g, I'd plug the Fender Greta into the 8 ohm jack and have the Epi in the 16 ohm jack (as it is now). The only thing keeping me from it is thinking that the internal resistance in each amp might get kind of messed up when running two different resistance tube amps into one speaker. And also the fact that tube amp have a way of dying without a speaker load. How do you reckon?

You will also want to sink up the two speakers.

Otherwise one will sag while the other rises.

It's a simple procedure involving a nine-volt battery.

You will also want to sink up the two speakers.

Otherwise one will sag while the other rises.

It's a simple procedure involving a nine-volt battery.

I'll look into it, thanks!

EDIT:

I've done some more research and found that it isn't a particularly good idea to connect two different speaker loads to one speaker simultaneously, so I better just use them separately instead...

Archived