Gibson Brands Forums

Miss Ya Dad!

Dennis G

Also posted in the Epi Lounge...

28 years ago today, my Dad left us. Chet about sums it up:

But to end on a lighter note, in true Irish fashion, we had one hell of a party after the funeral. That was Dad's biggest b i t c h - you miss the party thrown in your honor!

Miss ya Dad!

I was with my Dad when he died in the hospital and remember giving him a shave only minutes before he left. I often think when making a tough decision "What would Dad do?"

He is not gone he lives on in my heart and still helps me out.

Here is a great tune that Keb Mo did on a childrens album. Not exactly what Chet was saying but full of love still the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8oERUEeQs

Man, this thread hits home. My dad's birthday was July 26. He would have been 68 this year. The older I get and the more I get neck deep into adult stuff (home repairs, financial decisions), the more he's on my mind. Cowboy said it's what would dad do? In my case it's more dad would have fixed this and done it right.

Guest rogerb

This really hits home to me. My Dad has been gone almost 21 years. He played fiddle and we performed in Gatlinburg TN back in the 70's on a show called Heritage Hall Grand Ole Opry. We would end each night with SMOKY MOUNTAIN MEMORIES. I went back home this past weekend to a reunion and tried to sing that song, I choked half way through and couldn't finish it. Still can't sing it after all those years.

We, who had a Dad to look up to, a Dad to learn from, a Dad to love, are the lucky ones. [biggrin]

Brad

I hear you, brother. I am from the very start of that generation that grew up with missing or dead beat dads. A lot of my friends growing up and in college came from broken homes.

Thanks for posting and I'm sure your father knew you loved him that much. Don't mean to be sappy - mine died April 25th, 1988. I miss him every day. He had such an influence on me. He was doctor and I remember in 1979 how he totally changed my life when I was 19. I dropped out of college to become the rock star I knew I was destined to be. He said "Phil, if you wanna be a rock star, you gotta live on a rock star's salary". He cut me off financially right then. I knew it was hard for him. I'd see him at work and he'd slip me ten bucks here and there but it ddidn't take long. I decided I'd follow his foot steps and he told me then that someday I could pursue the passion again. He was right on every count. Here's to you daddio. Dennis' dad too and everyone else who has posted here.

Archived