Gibson Brands Forums

Is Roland AC33 a nice choice for home use?Guitar is J45

chenweipsy

I don't mean this in a nasty way at all, but what is the reason why you want to amplify your J45 at home?

I've never quite understood the need to amplify an acoustic guitar in a home environment, I know many enjoy it, but in the 20yrs that I've been playing, I've never once plugged an acoustic in for home playing.

However, the Roland acoustic amps sound very good. The Marshall AS50 and AS100 are both excellent sounding, but, in the experience of a bandmate and I, a little fragile for heavy road use...should be fine for home though.

Other must-auditions are the Fishman Loudbox series, the recent Vox acoustic amps with the valve channel and the Tanglewood T6...Don't let the name put you off, the T6 represents full-fat bang for buck, great stuff.

I don't mean this in a nasty way at all, but what is the reason why you want to amplify your J45 at home?

I've never quite understood the need to amplify an acoustic guitar in a home environment, I know many enjoy it, but in the 20yrs that I've been playing, I've never once plugged an acoustic in for home playing.

However, the Roland acoustic amps sound very good. The Marshall AS50 and AS100 are both excellent sounding, but, in the experience of a bandmate and I, a little fragile for heavy road use...should be fine for home though.

Other must-auditions are the Fishman Loudbox series, the recent Vox acoustic amps with the valve channel and the Tanglewood T6...Don't let the name put you off, the T6 represents full-fat bang for buck, great stuff.

I go through an amp at home quite a bit. I like the added volume/punch, especially if you're playing in a room not suited for ideal acoustic sound. Playing through an acoustic amp, I can hear nuances like tapping on the bridge/strings, etc. much better -- which sometimes I prefer.

I was using my J45 trought my pathfinder 15r, when feeling like plugging it. But this w-e, I bought myself a Troubadour 10, acoustic amp by Ibanez, very small and I am actually surprise as how good it sound. It doesn't alterate the voice of the J45, but really strictly amplifies it. Good buy I feel. And very inexpensive, 100 $ CAN.

Michel Marc

plugging in at home for me is a thrill,loud stage like playing and practising for stage at home,afterall thats what most of us want to do,play on a stage,so why not practise in that environment?I love it.One of my students has a ac33 and its a good amp,i have an aer compact 60 and love to crank it up,home and stage

best

mike

I'm a massive fan of the AER compact 60 for all my acoustic gigs, it simply sounds better than anything else. Big generalisation I know, but it's true. If you need more power than that (not likely!) then add an RCFNXM10 and an active sub with a crossover. There's no messin around with these recommendations, they're top of the line. Good luck with your sound reinforcement [thumbup] and your neighbours [biggrin]

Archived