Gibson Brands Forums

Scratch n Dent Gibson pups

MaadDaawg

My set of Gibson Classic 57 / Clssic 57 hot vintage scratch n dent pups arrived today. You have to REALLY look for any imperfection, which makes me wonder if they're damaged under the cover, or, if the minor imperfections on the cover is what makes them scratch n dent? For 30% off ya can't beat it if it's only the cover.

Anyone know for sure how the scratch n dent thing works?

The hot vintage set contains 1 neck position Classic 57 and 1 bridge Classic 57+. The Vintage set contains the same two pups. The difference is the hot vintage uses Alnico III magnets instead of the Alnico II used in the vintage set.

The scratching and denting according to the sources I spoke with occurs during shipment, not during production. However, I don't know if that is a true statement or not so I think I'll follow that up with Gibson.

The hot vintage set contains 1 neck position Classic 57 and 1 bridge Classic 57+. The Vintage set contains the same two pups. The difference is the hot vintage uses Alnico III magnets instead of the Alnico II used in the vintage set.

The scratching and denting according to the sources I spoke with occurs during shipment, not during production. However, I don't know if that is a true statement or not so I think I'll follow that up with Gibson.

Called Gibson and they confirmed that the scratch and dents ONLY have cosmetic damage to the exterior of the covers, the internals are supposed to be identical to the non scratch and dents that cost #100+ more. The Gibson website says you're supposed to get a numbered certificate of authenticity with the scratch n dents but mine did not come with one. Waiting to hear back from them

Archived