Gibson Brands Forums

LR Baggs Anthem/Anthem SL...any opinions

Jinder

I'm intrigued by this pickup. I'm happy with the Fishman UST in my AJ, but the guitar has such a strident, lush natural voice that I'm considering whether there are pickups out there which would enable that voice to be heard more distinctly.

I have a JJB Electronics Prestige 330 which is a tremendous pickup (K&K style triple-bug AST) didn't suit the AJ.

Other candidates are a Baggs iBeam or a Fishman Aura 16 pedal...anyone care to share experiences?

I'm intrigued by this pickup. I'm happy with the Fishman UST in my AJ, but the guitar has such a strident, lush natural voice that I'm considering whether there are pickups out there which would enable that voice to be heard more distinctly.

I have a JJB Electronics Prestige 330 which is a tremendous pickup (K&K style triple-bug AST) didn't suit the AJ.

Other candidates are a Baggs iBeam or a Fishman Aura 16 pedal...anyone care to share experiences?

I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Send me an email or PM when you have a chance.

JM

I have the full Anthem in my Collings CJ and the standard Element in a Gibson J-45. The Anthem really is head and shoulders above...very natural sounding. With the mic-ust mixability and built-in phase control, you get a very natural sound and few feedback problems. No experience with the SL.

Archived