Gibson Brands Forums

Two new Les Pauls in the line up (NOW WITH STUDIO DEMO)

Rabs

WOW.. how many models are they gonna release lol...

We have the Robot Studio.. Now I love the pickups and the look but not really interested in the Robot system.. Shame cos the rest of it is amazing.

$2,999 (for a Studio :o)

•Mahogany body with A grade Maple top

•Mahogany neck with '60s SlimTaper™ profile

•Hum-cancelling P-90H neck pickup, and BurstBucker 3 bridge pickup

•HD LP-Z output jack with low-impedance preamp

•Robot Tuners™ with 24:1 tuning ratio

•Robot Interface Pack (RIP) included

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Limited.aspx

LPSTLTDFICHP-Finish-Shot.jpg

The we have Collectors Choice 4 Sandy.. hmmm, if only :)

$11,292

•Genuine Mahogany back with unique figured Maple top (genuine mahogany back?)

•Rosewood fingerboard with nitrocellulose trapezoid inlays

•Zebra coil Custom Bucker Humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge

•ABR-1 bridge with lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece

•Gotoh Nickel Reissue Green Keys with 12:1 tuning ratio

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Collectors-Choice-4-1959-Les-Paul-Sandy.aspx

HB516C-Finish-Shot.jpg

Haha yeah I noticed that too ? :-k

Well, maybe Gibson has realized that when people hear "nitrocellulose" they immediately think "OMG THAT'S GOOD" so they decided to just tack it on to everything. Just wait, in a month they'll have "lightweight nitrocellulose tailpiece", "pickups wound with nitrocellulose wire"

:P

Maybe they meant celluloid, the stuff they made my good picks out of and my good pens. Hard to get these days, only made outside Americur because it so poisons the world to make it, like tubes. Mighta meant that and Word Perfect let it pass for the copy.

rct

As an ex-Dark Fire and current BFG owner (both of which i liked/like a lot), this Studio is very interesting... it's a very nice pickup configuration.

I wonder what the street $ is gonna be on it.

BFGs ROCK !! :)

I had a Gary Moore one, but as much as I loved the pickups and the look.. I never quite got on with the neck as I only really like 60s type necks..

If they ever release a BFG with a 60s I will be there :)

• 4 months later...

Well, maybe Gibson has realized that when people hear "nitrocellulose" they immediately think "OMG THAT'S GOOD" so they decided to just tack it on to everything. Just wait, in a month they'll have "lightweight nitrocellulose tailpiece", "pickups wound with nitrocellulose wire"

:P

Gibson used nitro inlays originally, before they introduced acrylic. If anything, they are trying to appeal to cork-sniffers/traditionalists.

Archived