Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup Options for Epi 339

Plus Top Dan

Right then, having had my 339 for three months or so now and having said that I see no need to mod anything on it I am now getting the twitch in the back of my head that tells me I may want to swap the pickups!!! :rolleyes:

Obviously I would want four conductor wiring so I can split the coils as per the current Epi spec.

What pickups can people reccomend to me bearing in mind the pups would need 4 conductor wiring? (it seems alot of the Gibson pups only have 2 conductor wiring?)

I don't want anything too hot, I'm looking for classic rock and blues sounds and pups that will also sound good when split.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing suggestions. [thumbup]

Right then, having had my 339 for three months or so now and having said that I see no need to mod anything on it I am now getting the twitch in the back of my head that tells me I may want to swap the pickups!!! :rolleyes:

Obviously I would want four conductor wiring so I can split the coils as per the current Epi spec.

What pickups can people reccomend to me bearing in mind the pups would need 4 conductor wiring? (it seems alot of the Gibson pups only have 2 conductor wiring?)

I don't want anything too hot, I'm looking for classic rock and blues sounds and pups that will also sound good when split.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing suggestions. [thumbup]

Hi, Dan! Hey I didn't like the Alnico Classics that came with my 339 so I got some Seymour Duncan P-Rails plus Hotshot rings. I get a real good bright sound in the humbucker setting but I'm little disappointed with the single coils. The single coil and the rail don't sound all that bad but there's just too volume drop. Also I expected a P-90ish but it just wasn't like that. Overall I'm happy playing this guitar in the HB setting.

001-3.jpg

Archived